• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Compliment

josiahv

Par Member
I'm looking for a disc to complement my eagles (X and L). I really like throwing the eagle for a variety of shots, but I'm looking for a disc that doesn't have as much fade at the end. 9/10 drives I really like the predictable fade that my eagles give me, but every once in a while I need a disc that will fly slightly turned over and not fade back as hard near the end.

I was thinking about using a beat dx Teebird or TL on a turnover line. or maybe something a little less stable (pro leopard, avenger ss, valk) thrown flat or with a slight hyzer.

Any suggestions? :popcorn:

Teebird is still going to fade. TL is a good option and maybe a River. Avenger and Valk are going to turn quite a bit more and the Valk would still have the Eagles fade. Champ/star Leo might work.

This, especially if you get an eagle in dx it'll beat in quick and be a really nice turnover.

Reading through some of the forums about beating in an eagle, some have said that the eagle losses hss but not as much lss as it fades. Is this the case. I have no trouble turning my eagles over, it's the late fade that gives me trouble.

gotta go with the Vision my friend... not a Lat fan? go for a roadrunner

River or stalker. stalker on an anny is good, or a river on a hyzer flip. I have a stalker for shots that do almost anything except annys, but i could use them for annys if i had to. i really like the river, but if you have a stalker I'm not sure how big of a difference it'll make.

Sorry for the dumb off topic question, but what is an Eagle X? It's a special version of the Innova Eagle or is it slang for an Eagle in DX plastic?

Reading through some of the forums about beating in an eagle, some have said that the eagle losses hss but not as much lss as it fades. Is this the case. I have no trouble turning my eagles over, it's the late fade that gives me trouble.

Interesting, I've had the opposite experience when I threw eagles. For me, they lost their fade first, then started getting more high speed turn.

Sorry for the dumb off topic question, but what is an Eagle X? It's a special version of the Innova Eagle or is it slang for an Eagle in DX plastic?

Click the link in my sig....

to the OP...the Eagle-L is the low fade version. If you want dead straight, though, a "happy" DX Teebird is hard to beat.

As far as fade, I would agree that my Eagle-Xs would develop turn, yet still fade out. I use ELs for the low fade shots. WHich is why I carry both.

Click the link in my sig....

to the OP...the Eagle-L is the low fade version. If you want dead straight, though, a "happy" DX Teebird is hard to beat.

As far as fade, I would agree that my Eagle-Xs would develop turn, yet still fade out. I use ELs for the low fade shots. WHich is why I carry both.

Yeah, just keep beating in the EL, it'll get there. In the mean time, A DX Eagle ran into some trees full speed a few times will give you what you need.

Yeah, just keep beating in the EL, it'll get there. In the mean time, A DX Eagle ran into some trees full speed a few times will give you what you need.

...in the meantime, a leopard out of the box will give you what you need. or an avenger ss.

i really like pro leopards. great grippy plastic!

Yeah I've been looking for a more understable fairway to go with my Eagles too. So far, Gateway's Assassin has got the spot since I don't have anything else, but I'm starting to want something different.

Leaning towards a Star TL.

I kinda worked this backwards. Awhile ago I was looking for a compliment to my Stalker and I picked up a couple Eagle's love em they're money.

So I'm going to recommend a Stalker. I only throw DX Eagles (EX and EL) and they require a little bit of room to work whether they're thrown on a line drive, hyzer-flip, or flex.

Stalkers on the other hand excel at tight tunnel-type shots but are about 25' shorter for me.

Last edited:
if your looking for something that will give you about the same distance i'd say a beast, less distance a buzzz, even less a coyote. Stalkers are good to! only one i've ever thrown always annied on me though (it was the one you get for becoming a pdga member)

I've gone from a QJLS (okay), Star TL (worked well), DX Eagle-X (worked well until it got super flippy), Champ EL (worked well but took forever to beat in), Champ Leo (150 that I liked to pair with my 150 EX on pitch and putts), and I am currently auditioning an Opto River that is now a tick less stable than my EL was new so curious to see how it beats in, but I like it so far b/c the rim is very similar to an EX and that's big for me, for some reason. If the River doesn't work out, I'll probably go back to the EL or look into the Diamond that's coming out.

So, I've definitely been on this journey before. (I've also got a S.EX that's starting to wear in to the point that it doesn't fade back on big rips so it'll be in the clusterf*** that is my turning driver slot.)

Maybe something a littler faster like a Patriot or FD would work for you. I haven't ever thrown a FD but I have thrown the Patriot. I've had shots with the Patriot where there was very minor turn but ended up just a hair right of a straight finish. It was subtle.

Latest posts