• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Eagle McMahon Iron Samurai Glow MF MD3

skizzle34

Banned
https://www.discmania.net/blogs/dis...ne-dd3-and-mcmahon-signature-iron-samurai-md3

DISCMANIA EAGLE MCMAHON GLOW METAL FLAKE C-LINE MD3 IRON SAMURAI
For the last few years, the annual signature MD3 for Eagle McMahon has been one of our most popular releases of the year. It's been a staple midrange for a number of disc golfers of all skill levels. For 2019, we're again taking things to the next level.

Introducing the Discmania Eagle McMahon Glow Metal Flake C-Line MD3 Iron Samurai. The Iron Samurai has the discipline and strength of the legendary warrior to fight its way through any disc golf course. Along side the DD3, the Iron Samurai MD3 will be released on Wednesday, May 22.

FLIGHT OF THE IRON SAMURAI MD3
The Iron Samurai MD3 has enough stability for the strongest of arms while also not being intimidating for those with a little less power. On the strongest of throws the Iron Samurai MD3 might show a little turn, but it will never be to the level that you can't control it. If you don't fully power it up, it will hold a very straight line with confidence.

As the disc begins to slow down the trusted fade of the MD3 will kick in and finish to the left just as you planned. It won't get away from you and it won't leave you hanging either.

The Iron Samurai MD3 will command the fairways on disc golf courses around the world.

RELEASE DATE OF THE DD3 AND IRON SAMURAI MD3
For the first time two new Discmania discs will be released on the same day. The S-Line DD3 and Iron Samurai MD3 will be released at 9 a.m. Mountain Time on Wednesday, May 22.

The two discs will be available in the US and Worldwide on the Discmania Store, in Europe at InnovaStore, and Discmania dealers around the world.

05_Iron_Samurai_DMNET_ARTICLE_INLINE.jpg

Glow Metal Flake is dope. How about swirly bottom stamped shimmer glow MF?

Just what I needed. More MD3s to sit in the backup bin.

It looks sweet though, flat and OS I hope. The previous MF MD3 run was great.

I'm ashamed to say I feel the same. C-line glow MF plastic sounds damn tasty.

It's like a Buzzz, correct? maybe a little more glide? I have tossed one once. It was basically a Buzzz. I mean, I use a mix bag and always switch things out - I wouldn't have a problem with that. I want that samurai. Hait!

It's like a Buzzz, correct? maybe a little more glide? I have tossed one once. It was basically a Buzzz. I mean, I use a mix bag and always switch things out - I wouldn't have a problem with that. I want that samurai. Hait!

I don't have a clue. I think I fondled a DM mid one time.

I get more glide and a little bit more stability out of the MD3 vs a Buzzz. The rim feels a little deeper but pretty similar in the hand.

I rarely buy discs because of the stamp but this would be one of them

I get more glide and a little bit more stability out of the MD3 vs a Buzzz. The rim feels a little deeper but pretty similar in the hand.

right on, I mean, I use an MD4 so I like DM mids. my golf buddy and I have a running joke about a Japanese Sensei telling us how to 'Frocus' when we're putting or driving, so the samurai was just too good to not want

Same. I have been working with Roc3s, Buzzzs, Shark3s and MD3s. The crowned eagle md3 is very close to the mcbeth buzzz. From my experience most stable to least is:
Champ Shark3 > Crowned Eagle MD3 > McBeth Buzzz > Z Line Buzzz > P Line MD4 = DX Roc3.

The first four are so close its essentially a wash. the P Line MD4 and DX Roc3 were kind of a tier below in stability in that at my power I can flip it to flat consistently.

The Shark3 is great but the damn sharp rim stinks IMO. I liked the Buzzz but something about the MD3 just fits my hand perfectly and I just have confidence in the disc. I also think it has a hair more glide.

Really looking forward to these new ones.

Hoooooooly hell thats a yes from me, bub!

Anybody know if it's a color glow me or just standard whiteish glow?

Hoooooooly hell thats a yes from me, bub!

Anybody know if it's a color glow me or just standard whiteish glow?

I believe it will be standard glow...but with metal flakes. So there is a chance it has a different hue to it than just stock glow

I wonder what the stability will be like...

The last c line MF run was relatively straight for an MD3. Not beefy and not flippy just right in between. Glow tends to be slightly more OS than some other runs (depending on dome) so if I were to venture a guess it will be less stable than the recent S line run and more similar to the crowned eagle or past C line runs.

MD3

The last c line MF run was relatively straight for an MD3. Not beefy and not flippy just right in between. Glow tends to be slightly more OS than some other runs (depending on dome) so if I were to venture a guess it will be less stable than the recent S line run and more similar to the crowned eagle or past C line runs.

So would stock C line be the straightest out of the box vs Eagle or S or MF runs?

Latest posts