• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eternl_Noob needs bag help!

Eternal_Noob

I am Not married to any particular company.

Just had to get that out of the way!

Now the real meat, I'm looking to change up my bag a bit, I've gained some distance in the handful of times since I played in the summer and I'm just kind of looking for advice or any fun changes.

I throw about 350'

here is what i have in my bag.

158 Blizzard Boss - Overstable, rarely used. 300' - 350'
169 Opto Flow - Stable, Love this disc. 320' - 360'
169 Champion Tern - Understable, Long turnovers/tricky shots. My longest disc. 320' - 360'
175 Champion Thunderbird - I probably dont use this enough.320' - 350'
175 Star Leopard3 - Long slow fade to the right. 280 - 300'
175 SLine TD - This thing is a freaking LAZER, i love it. 300' - 320'
175 Opto XXX - Thumbers, 250' - 320'
185 Star Mako - Amazing. 100' - 170' havent tried a real drive with it.
175 Zero Hard Pure - General Putts
175 Zero Hard Shaman - Never really use it.

Kicked from bag:
Underworld - I love you, but youre too touchy with a fart of a breeze.
Stalker - I can just Hyzerflip a leopard for the same thing or throw the TD for more distance, but a GREAT Disc. I hate to kick it out.

Changes? Recommendations?
I didnt like the PD, the rim didnt get along with me haha. Im going to start working on my putting alot, but i like shallow putters, is the shawman a descent one?

If you don't throw the boss, consider taking it out. If you need something overstable, consider a QOLF. Good in the wind, and cosistently overstable with a pretty comfortable rim.

Maybe try out a couple more mids? Roc, bard, sentinel are all great stable/overstable mids. Tursas is a pretty interesting disc, as is the truth.

If I had to recommend adding anything into your stash, it would be a couple more putters of your choosing. If you like the pure, get another 4-5 and hit that practice basket!

Your bag looks pretty solid. The only advice I can give is:

1. Get to know that Thunderbird a lot more.
2. Look for a more stable mid as a workhorse mid. Buzzz, Roc3, Compass are three ideas there. This is the only gap I see in your bag.
3. Maybe an overstable mid/approach disc. Gator, Harp, Zone, stuff such as that. Over time, the usefulness of these discs will make themselves apparent to you.

The other two guys said it and I'll echo it. Find yourself a slightly OS mid that feels good in your hand. Some good examples have already been listed. Use it and learn it, it will help you greatly.

Buzzz OS has a nice feel to it, useful for Forehands/flex shots/hyzers- I agree with the idea of adding a stable mid as well, I like the Compass best, great feel to it for stable drives/approaches and forehands, also a Harp or Pig/rhyno/caltrop type disc would be useful for shorter drives and forehands when you NEED some beef for windy conditions etc

I have a 173 Buzz Z and a 177 max weight Buzz Z and I love them. I use the 173 for almost all approach shots and the 177 on windy days.

Latest posts