• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] EV-7 Disc Golf

necro bump

has anyone tried the Penrose?

if so, can you speak to the 4 plastic types?

this is basically a BB Aviar?

I played in a tournament with a guy who is involved with them and he threw the Penrose pretty well both off the tee and putting.

I have felt the firm and soft and they felt a bit like a smoother version of Soft and SSS from Gateway.

I use BB Aviars in JC/JK/XT/DX/KC

Would you be able to compare the soft and firm to those plastics?

I'll have a better reference point that way. It's been years since I touched a Gateway disc.

I use BB Aviars in JC/JK/XT/DX/KC

Would you be able to compare the soft and firm to those plastics?

I'll have a better reference point that way. It's been years since I touched a Gateway disc.

The soft was in the ballpark of JK maybe a bit more flexible, and the firm was as stiff nearly as stiff as KC but the feel was different. Less gritty more tacky.

The profile feels a touch slimmer than a typical Aviar.

No link because I'm away from my YouTube, but Foundation did a review yesterday.

- surprisingly stable
- has a Prodigy feel.

EV-7 Penrose stamp

FEXT3869_900x.png

And, the Penrose Triangle by the mathematician Roger Penrose. This diagram inspired M.C. Escher to create a couple of famous drawings.

900px-Penrose-dreieck.svg.png

Feels like a BB Aviar. I like the soft Penrose for both throwing and putting. It's more stable than a typical JK Aviar and sticks better. I think it shall be my putter.

The medium was too stable for me both putting and throwing. Hyzer was fine but I just couldn't gauge Anny's and straight shots due to the low speed overstability.

I really liked them at first. I just am not a fan of putter plastic that warps. After a few rounds one of mine had some significant warp to it that I couldn't get out.

After throwing around the soft one I got it is very similar to a Sensei or electron Envy with a little bead,

Don't love the little bead but it didn't bother me throwing it and it forehands better than I thought it would.

I don't know if it's the ultimate throwing putter some people seem to think it is but it's pretty good and versatile.

Most people says that Drew not a great putter. . .but that C2 stat last weekend was great. .
Almost makes me want to try a EV-7 putter

Will there ever be a Premium plastic EV-7 disc?

The Phi is a really good thrower,,,but i don´t like to throw base plastic putters

Anyone able to compare the soft vs base flex for the Penrose? I putt KC aviars most of the year but like to try something different over the winter months, looking for something similar to SS plastic in flex.

necro bump. I use the Phi for putting, but was wondering if anyone had info on them making one in premium plastic for throwing?

I've got about 6 rounds in with firm Phi's as my main putter and short approach disc. They seem to be holding up nicely.

Using medium Penrose's off the tee and long approaches. Love the reliable fade even after 12-15 rounds and multiple tree smacks.

A premium plastic for these would be sick!

I've been putting with medium Phi's and loving them, just picked up a Mobius to try throwing. It's a bit weird as far as hand feel, but has such a blunt nose that it's barely changed flight after a good number of full power tree hits. I'm actually really digging it as a throwing putter, and I'm surprised how much power it can take without turning and burning. It's a really predictable, slightly understable flight. But I would love to see what it's like in a premium plastic. It's already beating in quite slowly, but it would beat in on a geological time scale if in a more durable plastic. That said, the best thing about EV-7's discs is the plastic. So grippy!! If they made something that was in between Kastaplast's K1 and K2/K1 soft I'd be buying stacks

I've got about 6 rounds in with firm Phi's as my main putter and short approach disc. They seem to be holding up nicely.

Using medium Penrose's off the tee and long approaches. Love the reliable fade even after 12-15 rounds and multiple tree smacks.

A premium plastic for these would be sick!

Premium Phi will drop tomorrow

Switching back to a beadless putter and picked up a Phi to try out and think that's what I'm going to roll with for now.

It has a deep, P2 type feel in the hand but is straighter. Mine is the OG firm plastic and it is fairly stiff with a little give to the flight plate and the grip is very nice.

On the practice basket in the backyard my percentage of makes from 30 feet seemed quite a bit higher than what I typically make from that distance.

I'll putt with the Phi for a few months and a couple of tournaments and see how it goes but so far I'm liking it.