• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever come across a wedding while playing?

June 6, 2020:
My father and I may have accidentally appeared in a wedding party photo session at Thompson Park in Jamesburg, NJ. There is a picturesque gazebo just a few yards away from link2's basket. As we played the fairway, the group had their backs to us the whole time as they posed and repositioned for the pictures. Nobody was in any danger of gettng hit, but I did take my third throw a bit recklessly because I wanted to give myself an easy par. Well, that 'easy par' turned into a 'miraculous birdie' when my disc crashed into chains from seventy paces away!
Nobody looked back to see what our excited cheering was about, but I still occasionally wonder if the photographer ever captured me or my father cheering and high-fiving in the background.

It's possible I'll be participating in a wedding at Munden Point Virginia Beach next April for a young lady who walks her dog around the course. The past year I've seen her often, and we've gotten to know her quite well. She's married to a Navy Pilot, but it was without family and ceremony .

I saw her around Hole 3 when the Azaleas were blooming a few weeks ago. Theirs a three week window when the Azaleas are blooming in April. So, I walked around the Azaleas with her, came up with a plan. I volunteered to coordinate with the park office, and post on social media letting local players the hole may be closed for a short time. It shouldn't be a problem, the course is out in the middle of nowhere, very few play there during the week.

The first photo is for her and her father to emerge from the trail passing thru the Azaleas.

The second photo around the basket area is where family and friends will be waiting

If this happens, after the ceremony I plan on playing a round with a small bag in suit, tie, and dress shoes. That will be a check off the bucket list

Attachments

• 20240422_093656.jpg
    20240422_093656.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240422_093406.jpg
    20240422_093406.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
I did at Katherine Legge, in Hinsdale, IL. Wedding hadn't quite started and I rushed to play the hole because I had to of course.

Likewise; the actual ceremony/reception itself was set up right by hole #7's basket. So the whole time they were hanging out was punctuated by group after group putting out. I think they were not happy.

^I've seen outdoor ceremonies right past hole 2's basket with similar results.

Latest posts