• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eye/Hand Dominance and Putting Accuracy

treehugger87

I recently learned that I'm left eye dominant, but right hand dominant. I noticed early on playing disc golf that most of my missed putts were missed to the right of the basket. I've learned to compensate for the offset from around 20' and in but I still have trouble with longer putts. I also have trouble with straddle putts and miss to the right most of the time. I found studies related to ball golf putting, bowling, and archery, but nothing on disc golf. Feldberg does mention it briefly in his putting clinic, but there's nothing in-depth or explanatory. Has anybody else had problems with this or does anyone have any information on it?

I am also left eye/right hand dominant.
I don't know if it makes sense to adjust your focal point for putting, but I do try purposefully to concentrate using my left eye when I putt, which seems to help.

Most putts are missed right when you spin putt..at least that's what I have learned from my putting and from watching others putt at tournaments. So I don't know how good your putting technique is, but maybe it's just the technique..

I miss right often and it's 100% due to a lack of concentration. When I flail a bit and don't follow through properly that is when my right miss happens. I pretty much never miss a putt and think "why didn't that go in?" It's either just not focusing or a bad weight shift.

Here's Dave explaining how right eye dominant folks need to aim a little to left to prevent those right side misses at the 18:45 mark. Sorry I don't have any info on eye dominance as it relates to aim but I too would be interested to know if anyone finds a link.

http://vimeo.com/19847946

Latest posts