• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Favorite Innova Plastic

What is your favorite Innova Plastic?

• DX

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Pro

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Champ

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Star

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • R-Pro

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • RW-PRo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KC/JK-Pro

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • CE

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • SE

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • EchoStar

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was just curious what some fellow golfers think the best plastic Innova makes, past or present.

I am going to have to go with the old CE plastic. I love this stuff, I think the grip you can get is amazing. A close second would have to be the old school pro plastic.

What do you guys think?

ahhhhh hello star Star STAR , obviously the best plastic available, don't get me wrong some disc like the fire bird i like better in champ but over all , all i throw is star, of coarse discraft esp flx plastic trumps every other plastic on the market , but were just talking innova

I prefer Star, but I have all different kinds for different situations of course.

nothing more durable than champ

Yup, its a proven fact that Champion ages better than Star. Not only that but I much prefer the feel of Champion to Star. I just wish they made more discs in Champion plastic.

I am starting to become a fan of the R-Pro stuff that they are coming out with, but I currently do not own any or know how well the plastic wears. Anyone with an R-Pro Boss, feel free to chim in and let us know how it wears.

When I was at a Tournament a few weeks ago, a guy won a Boss in Exco plastic or something. Im not sure, but it was real bright and felt kind of like R-Pro has anyone heard of this or was the Innova Pro just BSing us.

10x (not the Champion-like), it was almost indestructible and has a great feel.
The SE plastic was also awesome and it might have been the same, hard to tell with Innova.
As far as modern goes I like Star as it best imitates the above plastics.
Can we make this a poll?

When I was at a Tournament a few weeks ago, a guy won a Boss in Exco plastic or something. Im not sure, but it was real bright and felt kind of like R-Pro has anyone heard of this or was the Innova Pro just BSing us.

They released some discs not too long ago that are a rubber wood mix, they were cfr discs, don't know if that could be it.

Yup, its a proven fact that Champion ages better than Star. Not only that but I much prefer the feel of Champion to Star. I just wish they made more discs in Champion plastic.

I am starting to become a fan of the R-Pro stuff that they are coming out with, but I currently do not own any or know how well the plastic wears. Anyone with an R-Pro Boss, feel free to chim in and let us know how it wears.

I prefer the feel of almost every other plastic over champion, unless it is gummy. I don't ever seem to get a good grip on the champ plastic. Also I seem to see more discs in champion plastic than any other plastic, star is really catching up, but there aren't many molds that they don't make in champion.

I prefer the feel of almost every other plastic over champion, unless it is gummy. I don't ever seem to get a good grip on the champ plastic. Also I seem to see more discs in champion plastic than any other plastic, star is really catching up, but there aren't many molds that they don't make in champion.

All that said I have one disc in star plastic and Five in champion. One is the first disc I ever bought, champ. leopard. One is a monarch from when they first came out, and the other champs are all gummy. the only star disc i have is a valkyrie, also from when star plastic just came out. All the rest of my discs (i carry 20) are pro, or CE.

Star plastic might be my favorite plastic period. Both ESP and Z are close behind but my fingers do love Star the most.

Add +1 to the vote for champ plastic!!!

probably the ECO plastic, don't know a lot about it, but I think it was a limited edition deal, maybe someone could verify.

I hear a lot about CE plastic, but can't says I know what it is, can someone elaborate? Also, a buddy found a KCPro Banshee the other day, but it was clear and looked very similar to Champ plastic, any ideas what that's all about?

ce i think is just an older version of champ and im not sure if the old timers like it more because of the grip or because the older versions of those molds are slightly different and they like those molds better.

yeah ce was before the current champion plastic, the best way i know to explain it is that its like a mix of champion and pro plastic. Also the molds were different for some discs in the ce plastic. I have a valk and they are often referred to as the flat-top valks. It is very flat and turns over really well.

KC Pro is the Ken Climo Pro plastic, it is slightly different, at least the ones that i have are. I have a KC Pro gazelle, well two of them actually, they are much like the old ce plastic as well. IMO ce, kc pro, and the old pro plastics have much better grip than the current champion plastic.