• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First dye job

Vonbeezy1

Banned
So I recently just did my first 2 disc dyes. While I am at least okay with how the images look, my question is how the dyes ended up so light colored? What I did, in a brief explanation, was cut out my image on contact paper. I then put it over the disc and put it on the stove in some rit powder dye (I am aware it doesn't work sometimes) and 8 cups water. I let the white disc sit for 15 minutes on low heat. Then, the next day I did the same thing with a green disc and let it sit 45 minutes. Is there anything noticeable that I did wrong? Do I need idye poly for it to get dark? Please let me know, thanks all.

Its not that Rit just doesnt work sometimes, its that it is extremely rare for it to work anymore. Its been so long since they switched the formula that finding Rit from the old batches would be pretty difficult. idye poly (not regular idye) will get you a deep black in 5min or less. In fact, i wouldnt reccomend any more than 10 min with idye poly.

Unfortunately the idye poly green sucks too. I mean your disc will take the dye, but it is still a dark and muddy green color in my experience.

Yeah, I use Idye Poly with a little hint of acetone, and let the dye get just a tad warm. I would post one of mine, but I can't figure out how.. I feel dumb.

You know, maybe I'm old and not much up on video icons, but that first disc looks like a duck with ram's horns smoking a pipe, with a ghost-wraith Mario exploding out of his back. Or maybe its Luigi.

Or maybe its just the pipe talking. :eek::p

Latest posts