• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Encounter With Disc Thieves

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Twice in the same day, discs got stolen from me/my friends. First my friend got a hot pink Soft Magnet stolen on hole 4 at Plamann Park (apple creek), later, next round, after finishing 18 i realized didn't have my yellow ESP Meteor, went back..not even 2 minutes later. we knew exactly where my friend i let throw it left it, gone. the people behind us watched us throw all our shots and we watched them finish out 18, i know for a fact the saw us hanging around when they were heading to their cars to leave...all i've got to say is F**K YOU CHUCKERS! basket and disc thieves shall rot in hell.

that sucks man. wait til you see the people jump out of their car, grab your disc, hop back in the car, and take off. had it happen twice now, thankfully with normal discs, im hoping it never happens with any of my good stuff.

8782665650561516033_1.jpg

Left my favorite Roc on a hole last summer. Got 2 holes up and realized it. Asked the 3 groups I passed on my way back and none of them saw it. Bull. It was a 160 ft par 3 that I parked and forgot to pick up! Those people will get what is coming to them. You better believe if I saw someone pick up my disc I would try and get there license plate and I would definitely be filing a police report.

Had much the same thing happen to me. When I confronted them, all I got was stammering and deer in the headlights looks. It was 3 vs.1, but I wasn't worried as the biggest guy was a toothpick. I let it drop for some reason....no real proof I spose. I know they did it....and will BURN for it.!!! ...if not, I have diesel and matches.:D

Thank the Gods I do not hear much about the disc stealing in my part of the world. I did hear of an incident a few weeks back where someone's basket was stolen while it was set up as a temporary hole in a local tournament. Face the facts, there are a multitude of classless motherfrackin thieves and douchebags playing disc golf these days unfortunately.

Geez, I've never had a disc stolen but just hearing about it pisses me off so much I can't even imagine how mad I will be when/if it happens.

I left my favorite disc at a hole recently and the first group I ran into on the way back asked me if I had lost something before I even said anything. I haven't been playing long but hopefully this is what most people are like.

Reminds me of a quote from a great movie. "For me, you're somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty." - Cyrus the Virus.

Thank the Gods I do not hear much about the disc stealing in my part of the world. I did hear of an incident a few weeks back where someone's basket was stolen while it was set up as a temporary hole in a local tournament. Face the facts, there are a multitude of classless motherfrackin thieves and douchebags playing disc golf these days unfortunately.

problem here is that the majority are like that. It's why I stay away from the busy "chucker" courses, unless I can get there first thing in the morning before the riff raff comes out.

I have never even heard of these things happening in our area. Sad for you poor guys up North:(

that sucks man. wait til you see the people jump out of their car, grab your disc, hop back in the car, and take off. had it happen twice now, thankfully with normal discs, im hoping it never happens with any of my good stuff.

This happened to me at sylmar with a Star TL. Sadly he also got a couple of my friend Jake's rocs. One was a superroc with an ace on it.

My brother's had discs stolen on 6 and 18. I never would have thought thieves would hang out at 4. It's in the middle of the course. Tough break man. I wonder if pay to play would stop this from happening or encourage it to happen more.

I had a white Champion Stingray disappear during a round a few years ago. Several months later I got a call from a friend who works at the Morley Field pro shop (30 miles away). He was looking through their lost and found and spotted my disc. The thieves had painted the underside of the disc white to cover my name and number, but he could still read my name through the top of the disc. Karma will catch up with them.

I have had the same thing happen the first time i bought some discs. someone stole 2 of my discs in the same round. small 9 hole too! luckily it didnt turn me off of the game.

I was playing the crestmont park course in bloomington indiana and found a beat to hell esp nuke while looking for my cousins disc. called the number and the guy lived over 150 miles away and never even been to bloomington. thieves are the worst breed

I had a white Champion Stingray disappear during a round a few years ago. Several months later I got a call from a friend who works at the Morley Field pro shop (30 miles away). He was looking through their lost and found and spotted my disc. The thieves had painted the underside of the disc white to cover my name and number, but he could still read my name through the top of the disc. Karma will catch up with them.

Last edited:
I've never had a disc stolen from me but I have been in a group where it's happened. Errant shot inot some woods and you see a runner coming from where it went.

Latest posts