• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Form Check

Skeetzo

https://youtu.be/ihJHmI7oLJM

TLDR; Stuck at 320' with an understable driver (Heat) because I can't figure out how to use my left foot to engage my hips through the brace without swinging it around. Tried a number of drills, looking for more based on the feedback here.

I've been playing for a while but never took improving myself seriously until recently. I've been putting work into fixing my form for around 4 months now. I can get putters to 270 and mids to 290-300 with good consistency from a stand still or one step.

Here I am throwing an understable driver and can manage to hit the fairway about 320' most of the time, but it isn't 100% consistent.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to use my left leg for power while bracing with my right leg.

Door frame drills helped me engage my hips. One leg drills helped me with balance. I realized I was strong arming the disc, so now I'm working on bracing my shoulder but leaving my arm loose and squeezing at the last moment to generate snap. This helped tremendously with accuracy and got me to where I am currently.

Even though I can feel and hear the snap on these drives, I'm losing a ton of power somewhere, most likely not pushing off with my left foot. I can't figure it out except from a stand still. When I try to x step, it comes out as this little hop and it's like I get noodle legs all the sudden.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed when I hit the field that I was having trouble swinging my foot inside to crush the can when thinking about it. Came back home and did some door frame drills for balance and noticed that if I entered the door frame load stance from an X-step that my foot naturally swung inside and around into a plant.

It was much easier to push off from my back foot instep and I actually felt power into the brace for the first time.

Question before I hit the field with some discs, does all this sound correct?

Edit: This series of positions also creates this natural movement from my shoulder and forearm that resembles a trebuchet and I actually have to restrain my arm if I don't want it to launch forward! This feels like a huge breakthrough. Super excited.

Last edited:

Latest posts