• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand form check!

Malawi

Par Member
Finally was in the mood to film my forehand that i have worked on the latest months and iam really suprised about seeing my form..

How wide to the right i plant my foot, thought my feet where almost inline.
Not sure its a good thing, dont see that often in pros form. I know ive seen it before Kristian Kuoksa does it and he bombs so cant be that bad? any input about planting like this? Or other issues about my form? :)

I was kinda trying to bomb atleast first vid.
If iam in the woods and throw shorter my form looks diffrent, more forwarded turned eyes on target probably feet inline.

First vid is a 350 feet Shryke.

https://youtube.com/shorts/foMsLrBEuR0?feature=share

Second vid is a 320 Valkyrie.

https://youtube.com/shorts/r7sMZy_hKck?feature=share

Yeah looks a bit too staggered closed. Valk your left arm remains out, but better on shryke.
You are throwing an airbounce, note how your arm/disc swing downward into hit.

Also turn your camera sideways. Vertical and "shorts" sucks!

Also turn your camera sideways. Vertical and "shorts" sucks!

One "pro tip" I can give OP is that even if you film vertically, you can crop the video into a horizontal aspect ratio and that works too. On iphone you can do this with "edit" pretty easily

Yeah looks a bit too staggered closed. Valk your left arm remains out, but better on shryke.
You are throwing an airbounce, note how your arm/disc swing downward into hit.

Hm what do you mean by out? As if it should stay closer to my body for faster rotation? I actully dont think about my offarm.

Ye i noticed the air bounce, i think its cus i throw with my elbow higher up to my waist and swing it back up. Maybe, but it was effective this time :) next time i rec myself from another view.

It's more about giving yourself a fulcrum to leverage the rest of the swing forward against, rather than trying to increase rotational speed which it probably does but is more a byproduct than an intention. Same thing for both FH and BH.