• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand form desperation

Cryshot

I am primarily working on my BH now but I want to develop at least SOME forehand. I started with a pretty solid forehand form 4 years ago and play forehand only, then I decided to learn bachand and stopped using FH. Now I want to know both, of course.

I can throw midranges and putters (rocs, aviars) pretty accurately and I think even pretty far with forehand. But my distance drives just suck (they don't fly at all).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fniyge4c45s

I'm no forehand expert, but you aren't getting any real weight shift. Your weight goes from center to slightly forward when you should be getting your weight BACK then forward. Your arm mechanics look good which is why you can flick putters and mids. That's a great place to start from.

Work on getting more foot/leg/hip movement to drive the arm instead of just using the arm. Check out how much SW gets from his hips and weight shift.

Yep, you need to elongate your swing and turn and shift your weight further back and forward. Your rear foot never leaves the ground during the swing and your upper body goes over top your lower body and leg a little bit. You will notice how my rear foot drags behind the front leg and rear knee is under my hip and actually smashes into the front knee in the finish, that's getting all of your weight into it or behind the shot. It looks like you lead with the elbow too far and also your followthrough is short, the shoulder and arm should swing all the way around in the finish.