• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Feedback wanted 400ish ft max throw

Thx for giving me a pointer Sidewinder :) Yea my footwork needs some work I agree. And I can see that my reachback timing is too early. I also hug myself a bit.
Going to focus on getting the footwork and hip position right first.
Here is a sideway-view clip I made

2tyPLvl.gif

I also found this video relevant and helpful:

Kinda like what this dude teaches? Since Sidewinder mentions move like Elvis :p

The standing up move ^ would be a spin out/squish the bug move. Might be ok for mobility, but is not a movement that actually produces rotation in the swing.

OK, some brainstorming looking at the pics (correct me where I am wrong): Extending my backswing too early (linked with hips rotating 180 degrees from he target? - linked with feet in xstep out of best position?) - pulling and a collapsing of the frame - fix: extend arm later, then focus on bringing the disc into the power pocket without collapsing the arm, the idea of the disk starting to accelerate at the peak of the backswing is wrong (old form habit and concept I need to reconfigure), instead bring focus on getting into the right power-pocket position where the fastest disc acceleration can happen - must happen timed with hip rotation and upper body rotation.