• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Zoma

WildlyMediocre

Bogey Member
Just in case anyone is interested, because there's not a lot out there about these. Here's a quick take.

Fossa Zoma. Very nice little bag. I know they call it a weekender, but physical limitations don't allow me to carry 20 or 30 discs anymore. Even the most comfortable backpacks end in fatigue and a very sore hip after a full day on the course. So a small bag is my everyday bag. That's why I like this. Small capacity, but big-bag features. The padding on the strap and back is better than any other small bag out there. The back panel is built to make the bag sit better against your back when wearing it as a sling, which is very appreciated.

Three different zippered pockets leave lots of options, although I do wish they had found a way to make the front one slightly bigger. It houses my birdie bag, but isn't big enough for a phone or wallet. The bigger side one fits a small spare towel, couple snacks, my keys. The other is where my wallet and phone go. But there are certainly other ways to utilize them. I have yet to find any use for the small pouch up top, although I was given a suggestion to fold the bag flap up and use the velco on that micropouch to keep the flap there. That has been very useful. I doubt that was the design purpose, though.

I fit 8, you can see there's a bit of a gap to jam a 9th, but it's tight. You will notice though, I made a frame from corrugated plastic. Without the frame a 9th disc fits easily. I have 3 putters, 2 mids, 3 drivers. But the frame is much more necessary than a 9th disc. It's my biggest issue with the bag. It's not very sturdy when it's set down. Especially if you throw, take out another disc for your next shot, and the compartment is a couple discs shy of full. The larger back panel, when you use the clips for towels or tags, make the bag top heavy. And since there is no rigidity to the main compartment, it flops over without the most careful placement on ground. But $3 and 15 minutes of work provides a lightweight frame that really fixes the issue completely.

I have a few rounds in with my Zoma and I love it. I had been using a 6-disc bag and I feel much more comfortable in my game with even just a couple more discs to fit specific roles instead of forcing the discs I have with me. For the same price as other small bags, you get slightly more capacity, more storage, and more comfort. Was an easy choice for me.

Attachments

• 20150618_154211.jpg
    20150618_154211.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 20150618_154124.jpg
    20150618_154124.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 20150618_154542.jpg
    20150618_154542.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 241
I picked one of these up too. Love if for quick rounds, doubles, and casual play. Best bag for the price. I know people may say, "well a fade bag is the same price and carries more discs." Well I don't always want a bag that carries more discs and the sling strap on this is way more comfortable than the regular straps on a small bag, like a crunch box

Just got one of these myself. decent little bag. If this had a putter pocket on the front with the mini pocket on that and lose the almost useless sunglasses case it would be near perfect. This would also greatly improve the bags stability.

Over all not a bad small bag and easy to carry with its tactical style back and sling

I've had one of these for a little over two weeks. I've played around 5 or 6 rounds with it and I really like it, but unfortunately it is already starting to come apart in two places. The top ring of fabric around the drink holder, including the drawstring, is almost completely detached, and the top strip of velcro on the front is tearing away. I bought it from Infinite Discs so now I have to figure out how to get it replaced or returned. I just contacted Fossa today, so I guess we'll see how they deal with things like this.

I ordered one of the Fossa Zomas last night to start doing some fun "Small Bag" rounds with. My main bag I carry 28 discs in, but after 2 bouts of heat stroke in the Arizona heat this summer, I am looking for something smaller that won't drain my energy so much for casual rounds. I also want to start doing "Fun Bags" of 6-8 discs from companies I wouldn't normally throw. My first will be all Discraft, then probably Innova, etc. I think this bag will work out well for what I want to use it for.

Got my Zoma today. What a cool little bag. I am stoked on it. I used WidlyMediocre's idea and made a cardboard frame for it to see if I want to use a frame. It stands up perfectly on its own with the frame and it loses no disc space for what I wanted. Very cool. :)

Got the Zoma loaded with a Discraft layout (8 discs) and hit the course with my 13 year old today. It was really refreshing to not carry 28 discs + extra junk for a super casual round. I had a great time, the bag did GREAT. The frame does keep it standing up and it will stay. But, with a 28oz water bottle, keys, wallet, and misc. stuff, it still weighed nothing. Very comfortable to carry. Easy to access, also. I dig this little bag.

Latest posts