• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golden Gate and DeLaveaga next weekend

cooker

Par Member
Hey Now,
Playing GG Thurs around 1:30 and Fri AM. Playing DeLa Saturday AM.
Super excited to check these areas out!

Will the courses be crowded at these times?
Is part of the DeLa course still closed?
Any other course considerations or local input?

First time visiting Haight/Ashbury, what's your favorite thing to do there?
Any other tourist recommendations for SF or SC (fun, food, drinks)?

Thanks for any input!

santa cruz- café brasil for breakfast, if you can get on a bay cruise sailing around santa cruz is a fun time, west end tap & kitchen for dinner are my suggestions. if you're into jogging or even just a walk Natural bridges beach and butterfly reserve is a nice walk and then all along west cliff drive provides a great scene along Monterrey Bay.

santa cruz- café brasil for breakfast, if you can get on a bay cruise sailing around santa cruz is a fun time, west end tap & kitchen for dinner are my suggestions. if you're into jogging or even just a walk Natural bridges beach and butterfly reserve is a nice walk and then all along west cliff drive provides a great scene along Monterrey Bay.

I'm gonna look into all this, thanks!

jasonc said:
If I were you, I would just play 1 round at GGP and drive up to Novato for a round at Stafford Lake.

You're the second person to say this, I'm going to have to come back. The extra time traveling there after flying from the east coast or before heading to SC doesn't make it worthwhile to me this time around. Thanks for the input!

You're the second person to say this, I'm going to have to come back. The extra time traveling there after flying from the east coast or before heading to SC doesn't make it worthwhile to me this time around. Thanks for the input!

I hear ya. Plenty of course options to head back to that area for another DG trip in the future. I hope to do the same one of these days...starting in the bay area and head north from there.

FWIW, Stafford is less than an hour drive from GGP...assuming you are not traveling in the middle of rush hour.

Played 1 and 1/2 rounds at gg, shot +3 (57) on 18 and was -3 on the second pass of the front nine. Amazing urban course...great shots, beautiful scenery, nice people, insane course infrastructure and maintenance.
Played Stafford the next day...my buddy insisted and I'm glad he did. Sick course, views, and holes. Very few people. I shot a +7 (61) with a penalty 6 (threw onto the golf course on the long hole).
Played Dela at sunrise saturday. It was awesome to finally play this course after seeing many vids played there. Another amazing urban course with a mountain feel. Played the first 5 following a couple locals then joined them for the next 10 until a friend found me out there. Loved the time with a couple of silly locals, they've been playing there since the '80's and they were happily sharing details about the course and its history. Great terrain, lots of people, and well maintained...sad I missed the last couple holes, happy that erosion is being controlled. I shot a +2(56), 3 on I5, and didn't get a 2 until 16.
Bonus stop...played 9 at Hellyer in San Jose. Fun course with fair shots. -2.

Latest posts