• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got a Q-Sentinel

Dale1

Par Member
I was using an ESP Wasp the last few years and bought a Z Wasp last year for a bit more stability and longer lasting flight characteristics. I liked it but it didn't seem to release from my hand the way the ESP did, and consequently I have had inconsistent results with it. I really love the Z plastic of my Surge, but the Z plastic of the Wasp seems slicker and a bit less gummy.

I just got a Q Sentinel and it is everything I had hoped the Z Wasp would be. Nice release and very stable flight. I can give it as much snap as I want without it turning much, and it always fades. I really like the Q plastic.

Nice disc! :D

Dale said:
I can give it as much snap as I want without it turning much, and it always fades.

Nice disc! :D

Hmmm.... that sounds pretty much like the mid I have been searching for. I know next to nothing about them though.

does "Q" = Candy plastic?

Q = Champ plastic 100%, and don't let no marketing fools or geniuses tell you otherwise

depending on the run he got, it might be an old CE blend of Champ, or it could be more like 12x

Ted is correct. Quantum plastic is Champ, although there are some differences in runs.

All the Q-Sents I've ever seen or used were the harder Q runs. The only really gummy Q plastic I've seen from Millenium is on the QMS. Which brings up a question...why is the QMS gummy so different? What did they do? Is it true CE or a blend? It is clearly different Q plastic than what we see on all the other Q molds.

And yeah, the Q-Sent is awesome. A great companion to the QMS or Buzzz.

RoomTenONine said:
All the Q-Sents I've ever seen or used were the harder Q runs. The only really gummy Q plastic I've seen from Millenium is on the QMS. Which brings up a question...why is the QMS gummy so different? What did they do? Is it true CE or a blend? It is clearly different Q plastic than what we see on all the other Q molds.
there are also gummy QMega, but that's it. some of the 150g QOLF could be called gummy. the gummy QMS and QMega were just run contemporary with the gummy runs that Innova did. you can find max-weight drivers and mids that are gummy... these Q runs are from that time period. since they sell so slowly, they're still on the shelves, and old Innova is not :)

Q-Sent's underside engraving will tell you which run it is.
- WWW.INNNOVADISCS.COM (lolz on you, sillynium) means it is 12x plastic (and a modified, domier mold... that MILL never once tested before production, and i would've strongly rejected given the chance, cuz it's wrong!)
- San Marino means it is the CE blend... and that's THE Q-Sent

yes, you can market a disc so poorly that there is still CE on the shelf in 2009 :lol:

I just got 2 san marinos from jesseB and they are indeed very nice. Dont know if they can replace my rocs though...

Jaysus said:
Thanks Ted... I'm gonna try to get my hands on one of the San Marino ones.
coolio, you'll dig it.

when i tested the new mold (2nd run Q, and 1st run S), i flew them back-to-back with my $$$ Q that had been in the bag then for 2 years. it's a CE, it had barely lost stability. both of the new discs were landing on top of the old one... they are a little slower, and a little less stable. still more overstable than any Roc, so not completely useless.

if you got addicted to Sannies, you might not like the WWW so much. however if you've never known the Sanny, then WWW will still seem like a $$$ golden overstable mid.

Aaron_D said:
I just got 2 san marinos from jesseB and they are indeed very nice. Dont know if they can replace my rocs though...
nope :)
they replace no Rocs, ever. i've got an almost-4-year-old in my bag, AND a fresh DX Roc.

base plastic can replace a Roc eventually. the Sanny Q never ever ever will get there.

How does the Sirius version compare to the Q ?

I might try one out, sometimes I wish my wasp was just a notch more stable.

Ted Damson said:
Aaron_D said:
they replace no Rocs, ever. i've got an almost-4-year-old in my bag, AND a fresh DX Roc.

base plastic can replace a Roc eventually. the Sanny Q never ever ever will get there.

The Q-Sent doesn't fully replace a Roc itself, but I would say that 2 QMS (~170 and 180) + 1 heavy Q-Sent fills in all shots that a 3 Roc combo would cover.

RoomTenONine said:
Ted Damson said:
Aaron_D said:

The Q-Sent doesn't fully replace a Roc itself, but I would say that 2 QMS (~170 and 180) + 1 heavy Q-Sent fills in all shots that a 3 Roc combo would cover.
it does..............just not as well, especially in the turnover mid department

Jesse B 707 said:
RoomTenONine said:
Ted Damson said:
Aaron_D said:

it does..............just not as well, especially in the turnover mid department

My low weight gummy QMS turns over and HOLDS the line better than any beat turnover Roc I've ever used. Seriously. It is part of the reason I switched over. I will admit that my beat Rocs may not have been as beat as the ones you used (you're probably a better beater than I am...LOL).

RoomTenONine said:
Jesse B 707 said:
RoomTenONine said:
Ted Damson said:
Aaron_D said:

My low weight gummy QMS turns over and HOLDS the line better than any beat turnover Roc I've ever used. Seriously. It is part of the reason I switched over. I will admit that my beat Rocs may not have been as beat as the ones you used (you're probably a better beater than I am...LOL).
my turnover roc hardly has any bead left, it will fly magical lines that a QMS could only dream of

Jesse B 707 said:
RoomTenONine said:
my turnover roc hardly has any bead left, it will fly magical lines that a QMS could only dream of

I'll refrain from any comments about you "beating it until there was nothing left" :lol:

By magical lines you mean what? For me a Roc, when beat and turned over, would still come back from the line I put on it. My QMS holds it through and through.

I picked up a San Marino Q-Sent used at PIAS two weeks ago for five bucks...how rare are they? I'm debating on keeping it...but I don't want to fall in love with something I'll have trouble replacing if I lose it.

RoomTenONine said:
Jesse B 707 said:
RoomTenONine said:

I'll refrain from any comments about you "beating it until there was nothing left" :lol:

By magical lines you mean what? For me a Roc, when beat and turned over, would still come back from the line I put on it. My QMS holds it through and through.

Then either it's not beat enough or you're throwing it like a little girl.