• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

great budget or beginner gear

poemurphy

anyone tried those magellan bags you can get at academy for -$30. slipped a few fit pieces of cardboard inside for a makeshift frame and now i prefer it over some $200+ bags on the market

I've had one since about September of last year. I use it 4-6 days a week. I carry anywhere from 20-27 discs in it (sometimes 3 in a side pocket and 2 in the front mesh).

It's starting to show damage.

Mine is starting to get holes in the drink holders where it hits first when I set it down holding onto one strap. The stitching at the top of the straps is starting to come apart. I expect it to last into the summer, maybe. Maybe it'll last until fall.

I was really disappointed with mine. By the end of 1 season it was falling apart. Torn seams on the shoulder straps, water bottle holders were starting to rip.

Poor quality overall. I got a dynamic disc soldier bag with back straps for christmas and it feels MUCH more sturdy.

Beginner bag:

Buy 12 pack bottled beer in decent cardboard box
Drink beer
Use rope to tie between empty box handles
Insert 10 to 12 Discs
Enjoy

Beginner bag:

Buy 12 pack bottled beer in decent cardboard box
Drink beer
Use rope to tie between empty box handles
Insert 10 to 12 Discs
Enjoy

A six pack of bottles actually works quite well- drink the 3 beers on one side, pop down the tabs going across and 3 discs fit perfectly.

Some of the craft 12 pack boxes are pretty decent really, found many uses for them. Like holding my backups. Plus I hate throwing away all that cardboard.

Latest posts