• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Tern - Did I get a bad one?

Vintervilan

I've had the Champion Tern for a year or so, and I absolutely love it. Release it on a few degrees hyzer and it will flip up, glide for ages and finish predictably left. So a week ago or so, I purchased the Gstar Tern. Same specs as the Champion Tern, but waaaay understable. If I release it flat, it flies almost directly into the ground and rolls. Release it hyzer, and it goes far right. Pretty disappointed.

I think the turn in the gstar tern is -1 more than the champion but in your case it sounds like the -4 of the star tern.

I think the turn in the gstar tern is -1 more than the champion but in your case it sounds like the -4 of the star tern.

Yeah, you're right, it's -3 when the champion is only -2. but the difference is huge. If I compare to my Gold-Line bolt which is -3 also, they are nothing alike. Weird. And the disc isn't even beat in yet.

How far are you throwing your champ Tern?

You got a bad one. Best bet is to buy locally and pick one out with a similar PLH as your gamer.

That's just the dealings of buying discs. terns (innnova in general....) are pretty notorious for this problem-- specially considering they have different stability ratings for the star terns.

Bummer' If you buy another champ tern it might not fly the same either :\

That's just the dealings of buying discs. terns (innnova in general....) are pretty notorious for this problem-- specially considering they have totally different numbers for the star blend of a tern.

Yeah, that would really suck, because I love my champ tern, and I plan on buying a couple more of them :) Generally, which brand is the most consistant one? I'm kinda leaning towards Latitude being my favorite brand at the moment because my bolt and saint are simply awesome.

Eh they all have their problems'

Latitude isn't much better with some of their ratings and higher speed drivers.
They seem to test some of their discs in zero gravity chambers or something'

its why I tend to just not weigh discs in general or care. More often than not when a disc feels good in the hand its going to fly nice on the course (specially once you have seen enough and know what to look for etc..) study your good tern so you know how to easily pick out replacements'

Good idea. I was hoping the Gstar Tern could replace the Champ Tern eventually because I really love the plastic, but this one goes into the closet and I'll get another Champ Tern Instead.

But before I do that, I'm going to try on my new Gstar Krait and Star Krait Pumpkin, both maxweight, that should be arriving on Monday :)

That's just the dealings of buying discs. terns (innnova in general....) are pretty notorious for this problem-- specially considering they have different stability ratings for the star terns.

sums up innova...and yet im still the fool who still throws a few of their discs

I got my g star from dehass's fundraiser and it bombs...maybe grab one from him if you are going to give them another shot?

Latest posts