• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have Your Discs Ever Been Stolen?

That Chinger Guy

Bogey Member
Long story short, my roommate's car (03 Acura RSX Type S) was stolen last week. We live in South Charlotte, NC and according to the police, were victim to a night of professionals stealing/"boosting" high end Acura's....

His disc golf bag and all his discs were in his trunk ($150 Bag + 10 Discs at $15 a piece) and his bowling equipment retailed at around $500 in total. :(

He's trying to get receipts for the insurance company to get reimbursed, but really we all know how that probably will turn out... :wall:

Can anyone on here relate? What else should/can he do? We went into Infinity's End, where he got most of his discs but the morons working there can't use their systems to lookup any of his purchases...:gross:

It's been less than a year since most of his recent disc purchases, can he maybe call his bank and find something out? That's the only thing I can think of... :\

Ouch. That sucks. I've had a disc stolen, but on the course. It sits better with me that some a-hole will at least be throwing my disc rather than a random thief selling mine for crack money, I guess. :\

That sucks and stuff like that is why I don't leave my discs or other valuables in my car overnight.

To relate, my friend set his bag down once on hole 1 of kentwood (for you raleigh guys) which is right next to the parking lot. He went to say hi to some friends on hole 10 and some dudes jump out of a car, grabbed his bag, jumped back in the car and peeled off. On the plus side, he threw a rock at their car and hit it.

Also I remember the first time I played Hornet's Nest and was told by some locals to hide anything of value in my trunk so no one would break in and steal stuff. Apparently it's a big problem there.

My buddy had his Boss stolen at Cedarock on hole 17. The dudes were on hole 16 and his drive went through the treeline on the left. We walk up and confront the guys and they just kinda give quick answers and walk away quickly. After they got past us they walked away briskly would turn and look back at us.

Wow, losing your car and your disc golf bag makes for a really bad day. I've had a single disc stolen, and that was annoying enough.

Someone picked up a disc I lost on the course. A week later I saw a guy playing at the course in his skinny jeans and spiked hair. He only had one disc....mine. (dark side of the moon dye job)

I walked up to him and asked to see it. I told him that was a badass disc, as I turned it over. Sure enough, my Sharpie marks! : "Reward! Please return!" with my number.

I told him I had to have it back, i wasn't a jerk. I just put it in my bag and walked on with it.

He should sell his sisters skinny jeans he squeezed into, by some that fit correctly and maybe a Polecat with the change.

My buddy had his Boss stolen at Cedarock on hole 17. The dudes were on hole 16 and his drive went through the treeline on the left. We walk up and confront the guys and they just kinda give quick answers and walk away quickly. After they got past us they walked away briskly would turn and look back at us.

This happened to me except I walked over and saw my disc in this guys bag and yanked it out and put it back where it belonged(Made him show me where it landed so I could play it lol). I then gave them a "stern" talking to about how not to be an idiot.

Well lets just say after that conversation these college kids where not going to touch my plastic ever again.

had one stolen i know for sure, may have had another one swiped.

i know who did it (the first one) and would love to kick the kid's ass, but as much as i loved that sidewinder, it aint worth going to jail for.

Never had one stolen from me that I know of? I've seen instances where it looks like someone has thrown and walked away temporarily only to test you! Don't rfeally know if it was purposely though?

My brother's Acura Integra was stolen along with his gear as well. He woke up just in time to chase his car down the street in his boxers. This was last year in Pueblo, CO, right out of my mom's driveway. His car was a tuner car, carbonfiber, all that stuff. His digital camera with all the pictures of the car and his family and his son's birth was in the car, along with a weeks worth of laundry and all his tools. I guess if you can call it a good thing, he only owned a couple of discs then. But those were the least of his worries.

i had all my nintendo games stolen a long time ago, i still cry

I had one stolen that I left two holes behind. I realized it after the pair playing behind us left on the 12th hole very quickly. Then I went down to DiscNation and saw it on the used rack. I miss you Yellow Z Flick.

Disc's no.

But about a year ago my truck go broken into and my wifes laptop got stolen. We had to jump through a ton of hoops with the insurance company also because it was about 4 years old at that point. They eventually ended up settling for a completed Ebay auction for the same laptop as a guide to it's current value and gave us some money.

Yep, I had my truck broken into and along with the typical stuff to steal the guy took my and my wife's revo bags and a innova discarrier we had with backups in it. We got the guy arrested for selling golf clubs to the same play-it-again he sold some of our discs to. The cops wouldn't do anything about our stuff though. Bunch of BS after it was my wife who put in the work to get him caught.

Maybe your buddy can call around to some of the pawn shops. second hand sport retailers, etc to see if they have any of the gear that matches what he had stolen. Shot in the dark, but might net some of his goods.
Good chance that if these guys were professionals at their ill chosen careers, they won't leave much of a trace by attempting to sell off your buddy's dg gear.

I feel like I should be shocked like some of the other people, but I grew up on the south side of Chicago and never owned anything nice for this exact reason. Now I live in the middle of nowhere and I still dont own anything nice

That sucks. I still haven't played Carver Rec Center in Chattanooga yet because the robberies are so bad. There's broken glass in the parking lot regularly. I'd like to take a group of 4 guys and get dropped off and picked up, just to avoid any problems. Sucks too because it's literally the only course in Chattanooga that's like that.