• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading to Ludington mi, bring a cart?

Birdogie

I am heading to Ludington to play beauty/beast/lavithian/flip for 4 days. I usually play with a zuca cart, will it work there or is the terrain going to be too bad to make it useable?

I've played all of those courses with the exception of Leviathan while pushing/pulling a jogging stroller. I don't think either beauty or beast would be a problem with a cart. For Flip, unless you want to carry a ton of beverages, I'd leave the cart in the car. There is a ton of up and down there.

First off, have fun while here!

And agree completely with the previous post. The Mason County Park complex (Beauty/Beast/Goliath) is incredibly cart friendly. Leviathan at the School forest is as well.

The two courses in the area where I use and suggest just bags are Flip and Whiskey Creek. Certainly you can do them with a cart it's just that at certain elevated holes and on certain very narrow paths it is a pain for a short period of time.

I have played all of them with a cart many times. Whiskey and Flip are pretty hilly, but cart doable. All of the courses have some elevation. Great courses, some of the best in the country......have fun, Birdogie.

I don't use a cart, but just some perspective: Whiskey's a workout without a cart - think ski hill type of course.
Spectacular setting and a fun course but can be brutal on a hot day. Make sure you're sufficiently stocked with water/snacks before setting out because there's no convenient way place to replenish provisions until you complete all 24 holes.

Keep in mind that all those courses will pretty much be locked up Labor Day weekend for The Discraft Michigan State Championships.

Plan ahead and you'll have a great time out there!

I would opt for carrying a bag on those courses. I normally use a GGGT cart 90%+ of the time. Michigander here, played those courses plenty. I brought my cart up there for one trip and we played Beast/Beauty/Goliath in one day, and I remember thinking I wish I would have carried a small light bag instead.

Especially this time of the year when the grass is longer/thicker, that makes a bigger difference than you might think.