• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HELP!!! What discs for my gf?

JoshBusche27

Birdie Member
I've gotten a bunch of pointers from other threads on how to get/keep my gf interested in dg. Plus I'm designing a new course in St. Charles so if she doesn't go with me we're probably going to break up, haha kidding...

But I don't know what kind of disc to get her...

I ordered a 10 set of Discraft misprints and luckily already have a pink putter for her in that. But what midrange would you suggest I get her. Preferably something from Discraft or Innova, I was thinking a Cobra?

But please any suggestions on what disc to buy her for midrange, I wasn't going to go driver, thought she wouldn't be able to throw one right away.

Thanks!

I agree with you to go with a midrange, or fairway driver at most, it'll be a lot straighter for her starting out. Also, I think the 150 or lighter than 160 is good way to go as well. I'd say a skeeter or a leopard would work well for her.

I started my GF out on 150 discs and when she finds something she likes, we've been moving her up into the low 160's. For a mid, I just got her a Cobra which she loves...I think it's in the low 160's. I've also gotten her 150 class rocs, which she has gone back and forth on.
If you do decide to get her a driver, my GF loves the Beast and the Sidewinder. She carries each at 150 and in the low to mid 160's...

My gf loved her 162 shark, it was her longest disc for a long time and is still her most accurate approach disc.

I just started a friend in disc golf. I gave him a DX Coyote, and he is kicking butt with it.

Thanks everyone, these were all a lot of help. I'm gonna give them to her soon, we were planning on playing this weekend, so after work tomorrow i'm gonna stop by the store and see if they have any of these in pink, lol.

Again I really appreciate it.

I got my a set of 150s (Leopard/Shark/Aviar) along with a light 160 archangel and she has been doing really good with them. Granted she has an athletic background but 150s are a good way to start a girlfriend/wife/significant other off.

The Shark is great for any beginner. It is easy to control, can be gotten in light weights, and with great color options.

Check out the CRO also. It is my favorite mid and is super easy to control.

buzzzzzzzzz or shark or leopard or comet. Stringrays are awesome but if/when she gains power she'll have to adjust her shot due to it being understable.

The Shark is great for any beginner. It is easy to control, can be gotten in light weights, and with great color options.

Check out the CRO also. It is my favorite mid and is super easy to control.

I have a cro and I didn't find anything special about it. I'm using at as a putter now.

They make a straight XL driver in the mid 160's

Yeah, I got an XL driver with my Discraft misprint package. Threw it twice, really liked it considering the second time was my first ace.

It seemed pretty easy to throw, but I'm not gonna give that one to her, lol, it's an ace disc. but I might try to find another one.

going today at 5, god i hope they have one of these in pink. i'm sure they will :D

but I might try to find another one.

going today at 5, god i hope they have one of these in pink. i'm sure they will :D

Another disc that you can get in the 160's (in hot pink) is a Millenium Polaris LS. It's my favorite disc at 175. I have 3 of them since it's the only disc in my bag that I can without a doubt throw long and straight. Academy carries them. They're only $6-8

It may just be me, but I have not thrown another mid that I can control or rely on better. It does make a good putter also.

That's how i feel about my Spider. It's over stable so i know it won't turn over but it fades hard and tends to skip (champion plastic) I can see the Cro being nice for 200ft straight shots I just haven't given my Cro the chance really.

Whatever you get for your GF it should be Light and Bright. Light weight for more distance with less power and a bright color just so if her shot goes off fairway you can hopefully spot it fast.

I'm just gonna throw it out there.. Goblin.

I got one (160's) for my gf and she loves it. Though much of that may be just because I got it for her and she loves the color. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

But she uses it for everything and is actually learning pretty quickly, can par/birdie most of the holes at the (super easy) park right by our houses.

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with a stingray, but as soon as she gets consistent with that (straight and far everytime) then i'm going to take her out and pick out a few others you guys suggested on here (shark leopard etc) and let her pick out which one she likes best.

but yeah, she loves it. (not as much as me, haha) but she's excited to move on from the soccer field and onto a course.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Kudos

Another vote for 150 class Stingray or Cobra. Both are easy to throw, easy to control, and easy to get straight distance with. Then, when they're beat in, they make great anny or roller discs.