• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi! New on the forum and new to the sport

Joakim

Hi, i have a question after throwing backhands my lowerback/glutes i sore/uncomfertable. Is that normal?

Been playing only for 3 weeks, but had alot of free time lately so already sunk some hours into it and i gotta say i love the sport!

Hi, i have a question after throwing backhands my lowerback/glutes i sore/uncomfertable. Is that normal?

Been playing only for 3 weeks, but had alot of free time lately so already sunk some hours into it and i gotta say i love the sport!

Welcome. It's addicting. It's frustrating. It's wasted hours at time. And it's lots of good memories. Enjoy the ride.

Probably. Stick with it BUT don't overdo it. Slow and steady to start out would be my recommendation. And welcome 👍

Thank you! alright, i have 2 days now that i dont have time to workout or play disc golf so maybe after that it will resolve itself

Welcome!

As far as the soreness, that's probably to be expected if you are doing new to you athletic motions repeatedly. One thing I would caution is that throwing harder doesn't generally get you much more distance. Lots of new players try to put every ounce of strength into each throw trying to match the distances they see experienced players throw. There's plenty of good technique advice on this forum to get you off on the right foot.

Welcome!

As far as the soreness, that's probably to be expected if you are doing new to you athletic motions repeatedly. One thing I would caution is that throwing harder doesn't generally get you much more distance. Lots of new players try to put every ounce of strength into each throw trying to match the distances they see experienced players throw. There's plenty of good technique advice on this forum to get you off on the right foot.

THIS. power down a little and work on form. smoother is farther

Latest posts