• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/23/2019 - DeLaveaga Park in Santa Cruz, CA - Hole 7

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
DeLaveaga Park in Santa Cruz, CA
Rating of 4.44 based in 101 reviews

DGCR course ID is #35, if that tells you anything about the OG factor.

Hole 7:
Short pin - 309'
Long pin - 395'

1c732fb1.jpg

350d68b5.jpg

Hole 7 tip according to lion, 11/2012:
"Downhill shot. For advanced players that are right handed and throw primarily backhand I recommend a midrange for either pin spot. For the short a spider or cro type disc that can be thrown straight and fade at the end is perfect. For the long a midrange that flies straight with little to no fade is what's needed. You do not want to go deep on the long position because of the drop off and reveine behind it. Best to let a midrange slide up to the basket."

I'll Buzzz the short, and try to hyzer-flip-to-turn my Pro Leopard for the long. As with most holes out here, I'd be pretty happy with a 3.

RHBH Compass on the short. Feels like a 2 should be much easier than it usually is.

I like the tip about a straight mid and not wanting to go long on the long but even down hill its hard to do. I would rather back off and just be smooth with either an S-line FD or S-line Exodus both will carry nice and long down hill and not fade too much which ends up landing below a pine tree and weird low ceiling second shot.

Admins... I accidentally titled this the 8/23 hole of the day, but it was 8/24/2019. Any chance that can be changed simply to make me look like less of a doofus?

Emac Truth to the short, perhaps an Escape to the long