• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD Feb 23 - Proud to be an Okie ....

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Been waiting all day long for somebody to start a thread about #4 at Dolese Youth Park, Oklahoma City, because this is one of the two (count them) holes in the entire universe that I have ACEd, and I wanted to say a thing or two.

The reason I stood around waiting with my e-thumb up my e-butt, instead of doing something about it myself, of course, is that I'm basically very lazy. But almost the whole day has now gone past and nobody has stepped up, so here goes.

Number 4 at Dolese is a pretty short hole, one tee, two pin positions, neither visible from the box. The short position sits at the top of a 15-foot-tall manmade "hill", which has been reinforced against erosion with railroad ties. The "long" position is about 25 feet further from the tee.

The only obstacle is that big old hairy bunch of trees and bushes, which sits right in the way of a straight shot. You can choose the annie line around the left side or the hyzer line around the right side, either of which should put you at the pin.

Of course, roll-aways and bounce-aways are common, so your second shot (assuming the pin in the short) is typically anywhere from 10 feet out (at a 40-degree angle up) to 50 feet out and slightly uphill.

How I did it: 172-gram yellow CE Teebird. I'd throw it again except the dang thing's on my wall :)

Now somebody else go fetch some pictures - I've written my (more or less) thousand words :D

Looks like a stall shot with a wizard, throw it nose up with anhyzer angle and let it float down over the bushes.

020a84fb.jpg

Helpin OP out.

Buzzz GT a little high

how long is it?
might be in my thumber range 175 CE EXP
or a touch FH 175 CE EXP
or BH hyzer 165 CE EXP

or maybe I can just send a Rattler right at it for something fun...but the hole would have to be around 200 or so for that

little hyzer flip with the beat up dx cro, being careful not to go too far, they removed the burm behind the basket. deuce putt on this ridiculously shortened basket.

tiny flick with the 11x, dont go too far, they removed the burm behind the street. deuce putt on this ridiculously shortened basket.

Hydra floated right over the top with a slight fade at the end

tiny flick with the 11x, dont go too far, they removed the burm behind the street. deuce putt on this ridiculously shortened basket.

haha guess im playin this one twice, both work well..

I played this hole yesterday......

Send a Roc on a flat turning punch down the lane on the left and over the scrub in the middle. Cross your fingers and listen for the chains.