• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Made Disc Hangers.

woodcutter

Double Eagle Member
I never liked hanging my discs on a nail, so I was board and thought Id do it right. I cut some strips of plywood, shaped 3 big "Cs" put a bevel on them for the inner rim of the disc and cut them into thirds.
002-16.jpg

Attached the curves to the piywood.
003-9.jpg

And there ya go,,
004-7.jpg

Sorry for the size of the pics, Im techless.

Sweet Mancave! I need me some dead animal pelts to make mine complete! :thmbup:
Great idea too.

Nice, reminds me of the wood shop class I took. I loved working with all of the different machines and putting together the final product but my instructor was a jerk.

Thanks boys,. Ya, The wife gets the whole house and I get the basement. But I anit complaning. Iv got cable, PC, rest room, deep sink, laundry room, wood shop, lazy boy. If I lived in a cabin,,it would look like this.

Thanks boys,. Ya, The wife gets the whole house and I get the basement. But I anit complaning. Iv got cable, PC, rest room, deep sink, laundry room, wood shop, lazy boy. If I lived in a cabin,,it would look like this.
sounds fair to me

Nice, I have always used clear thumbtacks cause Im lazy

The nails always batherd me, I felt that the point that it was being suspended could warp them. I know,,most of them Ill never throw there just too pretty or I dont use the plastic you get at tournies.
The best thing is, it was realitivly free. Just some pieces of extra from other projects.

You could make the things out of rubber or foam to make your discs even happier.

^ I did think of adhiring some felt to the contact point, but I thought (for some weird reason) it would somhow stain the disc. And rubber may effect the plastic. I know,,,over thinking.
I guess making it out of wood just came natural to me.:cool:

that looks great. the only reason i use tacks over something like that is cause all the discs have different rim widths and i want them to be even across the top and its hard with the kind of an aparatus to easily move them around

Hammer the nail through the middle of the disc. No worries about damage to rim, and it spins prettygood once broken in. you weren't planning on throwing these again anyways. My 1year old loves my wall of discs. ;-)

I make these out of coat hangers. Bend the middle around a nail set, bend the ends to fit the disc, and use a screw in type wall anchor and screw to attach to the wall.

Attachments

• disc hanger.jpg
    disc hanger.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 70
  • hanging disc.jpg
    hanging disc.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 53