• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many of each disc type in your bag?

metallicafreak121

Par Member
I always find it a little frustrating (but still fun, oddly) to put together my bag. I have so many extra discs, it's hard to just pick a certain amount to take with you. I would hate to come up to a hole I know I could smash with my Comet, just to have forsaken it for another mid.

But I always find one constant in my bag, and that's the number of each type of disc in my bag. It goes as follows:

5-6 distance drivers
3-4 fairway drivers
6 mid ranges
6 putters.

I'm always carrying 22 discs. The distance/fairway driver numbers shift together. I like to have 9 drivers. I feel like that's plenty for taking on even the most challenging of courses. But this got me to thinking... Does anyone else have a set number of disc types they like to carry like I do?

How many of each disc type do YOU like to carry?

I guess you can consider this thread kind of an "In the Bag" spin-off. Feel free to mention your favorite molds, too! Let's hear it!

2 Max D (Speed 12ish)
2 Control D (Speed 10ish)
5-8 "Fairway" Drivers (Speed 7ish)
3-5 Mids
3-5 Putters

4 distance drivers
4 fairway drivers
4 mids
4 approach/driving putters

2-4 putting putters depending on if I'm gonna practice that day

2 Putting putters
3 approach/driving putters
6 mids
2 fairways
3 control drivers
3 distance drivers

Just got a Dynamic Discs Solider bag last week And I'm liking it pretty well so far.

Two Distance Drivers: Big Z Mantis and a Z Avenger
Four Fairway Drivers: All GL Rivers from 162 to 171, understable to stable rates of wear.
One Midrange: Super sweet DX Cobra
One Overstable Putter for approaches: Chewy UB LEX
One Neutral Putter for approaches: ZeroHard Mercy
Two Putters for in the circle: ZeroMedium Daggers

So I am bagging minimum of 10 to max of 12 discs the majority of the time. Some discs get rotated in/out depending on the wind conditions of the day.

Last edited:
I am committed to carrying 10-11 discs all year...much easier on the shoulders/back etc...

Composition changes a little bit depending on the course.

2-3 distance drivers
2 fairways
3 mids
3 putters

Honestly, I haven't missed the extra stuff.

Hmmm right now:

4 Drivers (2 Teebirds, RR, and FB)
2 Mids (Z/X Comet)
7 putters (5 Wizards, PA4 and Pure)

3 polecats
3 aviars
1 zone
3 rocs
3 teebirds (soon to be gazelles)
3 PD
3 destroyers (two right now)
1 H1

i could probably just as easily get away with

2 polecats
1 aviar
2 rocs
2 PD
2 destroyers
1 h1

but i carry backups, always keeping a fresh OS version of my discs in my bag since i throw lots of base plastic. and i really only throw my aviars on putts.

Two Putters for in the circle: ZeroMedium Daggers

I've found the Dagger to be a pretty fun approach putter.

It's interesting to see some people pack 10 distance drivers and others pack maybe 2. I feel like I waste a lot of space with distance drivers, especially considering I don't throw terribly far. I probably throw my Valk 325 on a really good throw.

1 Putter (Ion) (I carry a couple more if I know I'll practice putting before-hand)
2 Mids (Axis, Tensor)
1 Fairway (Resistor)
2 Distance (Inertia, Impulse)

Golf Mahal
5x Putters (classic warden, classic warden, classic soft warden, moonshine warden, glo z zone)

4x mids (pro d buzzz, z buzzz, glo z buzzz, glo z buzzz OS)

4x fairways(g* teebird, star avery teebird, opto xxx, opto xxx)

4x control(G-PD, S-PD, C-PD, lucid enforcer)

4x distance(VIP Giant, TP Giant, TP Giant, VIP World)

I've found the Dagger to be a pretty fun approach putter.

It's interesting to see some people pack 10 distance drivers and others pack maybe 2. I feel like I waste a lot of space with distance drivers, especially considering I don't throw terribly far. I probably throw my Valk 325 on a really good throw.

I will make longer anhyzer approaches/putts with a Dagger IF the wind is like non-existent :D! I have made some long shots that just had a nice floating s-turn and dropped right into the basket.

The Dagger is just a little too deep for me to feel as confident in my Mercy in that role. Funny thing is they are listed to be the same depth, maybe it is the bead that makes it seem that way?

I only bag two "distance" drivers, the Mantis is pretty stable for my noodle arm ( I max it out at around 300' on a good day ) and the Avenger is my super-overstable utility disc. I cant throw it as far as my fairway drivers but, I only use it for higher hyzer shots that that will go left and finish left. I also use the Avenger for short FH/flick shots.

Last edited:
Hmmm right now:

4 Drivers (2 Teebirds, RR, and FB)
2 Mids (Z/X Comet)
7 putters (5 Wizards, PA4 and Pure)

Your overabundance of putters gets me all jizzy. If I wasn't about to play a long course tournament on Saturday, I'd go change my bag RIGHT NOW. But, it will have to wait until Sunday this time.

Latest posts