• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I hate slo-mo, why?? lol

ColonelDracula

Par Member
Slo motion is great for dissecting form and technical analysis and what not,
but man when you're wanting to enjoy the excitement of a powerful throw
it's irksome.
I find this trend annoying.

Do you like them that way?

Could people stop doing slo-mo videos please?
lol

The fun of watching the pros and great throws by anyone is
seeing their strength when they throw.

Again, the videos themselves are great, I don't mean I don't like the videos otherwise.

I also think it's not right that we all take time to watch something that in reality doesn't help the consequences anymore than what the origin of the story said in the first place, resulting in ending up at the starting gate.

I am in the same boat. It is the most irritating thing to see slo mo after slow mo after slow mo. Damn you Apple for giving everyone this capability.

Don't mind the slo-mo as much as the distorted audio that comes with it.

Just keep making those awesome videos and I'll keep on enduring the slo-mo sound of chains.

I know I am specifically talking about every single instagram video ever. For whatever reason everyone wants to post their poopy throws in slow motion. The only videos that should be in slow motion are form critique videos.

If it's a great shot, like an ace, I like to see it at full speed and then in slow mo. Likewise form vids are nice to see in both regular speed and slow mo. Those two scenarios already pretty much cover the slow mo DG vids I've seen. Nobody puts up 30 minute tourney rounds in slow mo, that would be unwatchable. So I don't get what the OP is complaining about, unless it's that he wants to see a full speed throw along with the slow mo version.

My bigger complaint is when people post vids in portrait mode -- please please please don't do this, just turn the device and film in landscape mode... :doh:

Maybe the OP is referring to the montage slow mo vids of various pros throwing, I have seen several of those. To each their own but personally I really like them. Sort of reminds me of the old NFL films vids they did. And on that subject, Super Bowl I is being broadcast tonight on the NFL network, first time ever. They put in a lot of editing work to make this video of the entire game, all plays were found and put together in sequence.

My only problem with slo-mo is when someone includes their "pre-shot" routine, including 3 or 4 "practice swings." There was a video recently in the form critique section with 1 minute 30 seconds of "pre-throw" nonsense. I posted some vids over the past 6 months or so which I also find annoying, just because there are multiple throws and the slow motion requires a little bit too much patience to get through. But as far as watching pros bomb in slow motion? It's a thing of beauty, and it at least gives me the false impression that I understand how they throw so well.

Ive always like slo mo, especially the Spin TV stuff because it was good for studying; but I just watched the Urban tournament in some town in Alabama. Oh, just let it stop. Slow mo for the sake of slow mo is just awful.