• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

index finger rub

frennis524

Par Member
I have been working on distance and accuracy and for the most part I am satisfied, however I am finding it difficult to play as much as I want because the disc is rubbing the side of my index finger closer to my thumb. It is at the tip and results from release. What can I do and how can I do it, to fix this problem?

play more :), seriously it will help develop a callous on that spot, I have it too.

If it gets really sore I find I can put a bandaid on that spot, it makes it a lot more comfortable and does not hurt my throw .

btw its a good sign, means youre getting the correct rip point.

i use tape, but i have notoriously dry skin that ends up cracking after it callouses (the palms of my hands don't sweat at all).

too much rubbing/friction is usually indicative of slip on the release instead of a rip.

I have a callous on the inside of my middle finger, does this mean I am not ripping from the right point, I use the power grip with all four fingers underneath the disc

callouses should happen.

pain should not.

friz, it sounds like you are getting some rip/drag from the middle finger as well.