• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova DisCarrier or Latitude 64 Pro Bag

upstatedave

If you had a choice which would you get, what are the pros and cons between them? I'm looking to upgrade my bag and want to make sure I have plenty of room to expand and what not.

Why just between those 2? If I were upgrading personally, I'd get the UPD Rebel.

I'm open to other suggestions, but they are vary similar in price. I don't want a back pack as I really don't see a need nor the want to spend that kind of money. I'll look into the upd.

Update:
The two I mentioned basically have the perks of a large back pack at a fraction of the price. The upd looks great though.

Last edited:
I have both a DISCarrier and a Lat64 Pro Bag. They're both good bags that are going to carry a lot of stuff, but IMO, the Lat64 Pro bag is the better choice.

It has more capacity for both discs and stuff. The side pockets between the two are comparable, but the extra front pocket on the Pro bag adds significantly more storage space. The Pro bag also has a much more sturdy feel, although I've had my DISCarrier longer and it has seen a lot more use and still is holding up just fine.

The DISCarrier does have some things going for it though. The more shallow disc capartment makes disc access a little easier, although the tradeoff is that they can slip out much more easily if the bag tips over. It also has an extra water bottle holder on the opposite side. This helps to not only carry more fluid, but also keep the bag better balanced as you have the same weight on each side.

Which is your daily go to?

Neither. The Pro Bag holds my Lat/WS/DD lineup and the DISCarrier holds my Innomania setup.

If I had to choose one as my primary bag, it would be the Pro bag.

My primary bag right now is a UPD Shift unless I'm on a course where I need to carry more, then it's the Lat64 DG Luxury.

If I had the money I'd go for a Lat Luxury bag, but I leaning towards the pro bag. Anyone else have suggestions or pros & cons to these two?

Just find the best deal you can. Im sure even a used one could be purchased. All of those styles of bags from any major company are backed by some warranty etc too. Cant go wrong with any of the models and if price is a big deal id just start hunting.

I'm open to other suggestions, but they are vary similar in price. I don't want a back pack as I really don't see a need nor the want to spend that kind of money. I'll look into the upd.

Update:
The two I mentioned basically have the perks of a large back pack at a fraction of the price. The upd looks great though.

Sorry, I misread. For some reason I was thinking Luxury, not Pro for Lat 64.

What is your current bag?

Money mostly, I don't see the huge benefit of a backpack that can hold as many as the two bags listed for a $100+ price increase. Especially since the lat 64 comes with quad straps.

I personally wouldn't jump to such a big bag. I have a Fade Crunchbox that I love. Holds 12-14 discs. I got quad straps with the Innova stool and still spent less than a backpack bag. If you're only carrying 8 discs right now, how many are you planning to add? When I upgraded from the Crunchbox to my Shift I looked at how many discs I really felt like I was wishing I had on the course during my games and went from there. I discovered I really only wanted 2-4 more than my Crunchbox held. The Shift was perfect for that. I'll still use the Fade Crunchbox when I want the stool though occasionally. Just something to think about. You might go with a slightly smaller bag like the DD bag, can't remember the name off hand. I will say this about backpacks, they're comfortable, and I think DD has a cheaper one that still doubles your storage that's maybe $20 more than the ones you're looking at.

I have a Discarrier; my friend has the Probag. The probag is definitely a higher quality bag, with heavier nylon and pockets that are better for storage of bigger things, like a hoodie.

My Discarrier has some frays where the backpack straps attach. I used it a lot. I hasn't failed, but is now in storage. I got a Lat64 Luxury Bag E2 that is absolutely fantastic. I'm a backpack convert.

I have 14 discs now. But I'd like to get a few more for practicing. Also when I'm solo I like to throw a few shots off the tee and look for new routes and strategies. My bag says it holds 8 to 12 but I cram all 14 in. Had to take the dividers out.

I personally wouldn't jump to such a big bag. I have a Fade Crunchbox that I love. Holds 12-14 discs. I got quad straps with the Innova stool and still spent less than a backpack bag. If you're only carrying 8 discs right now, how many are you planning to add? When I upgraded from the Crunchbox to my Shift I looked at how many discs I really felt like I was wishing I had on the course during my games and went from there. I discovered I really only wanted 2-4 more than my Crunchbox held. The Shift was perfect for that. I'll still use the Fade Crunchbox when I want the stool though occasionally. Just something to think about. You might go with a slightly smaller bag like the DD bag, can't remember the name off hand. I will say this about backpacks, they're comfortable, and I think DD has a cheaper one that still doubles your storage that's maybe $20 more than the ones you're looking at.

I have a Crunch Box and usually bag 10-12 discs. I rarely use them all during a round but like to keep a couple "situational" discs. Mainly, though I've found that the Crunch Box carries better, discs less likely to fall out if it tips over, etc. when it's full or close to it. I have Innova backpack straps on it but, honestly, they're kind of a pain. I rarely wear it as a backpack and they often get tangled up on themselves.

I have a Crunch Box and usually bag 10-12 discs. I rarely use them all during a round but like to keep a couple "situational" discs. Mainly, though I've found that the Crunch Box carries better, discs less likely to fall out if it tips over, etc. when it's full or close to it. I have Innova backpack straps on it but, honestly, they're kind of a pain. I rarely wear it as a backpack and they often get tangled up on themselves.

I have the Dynamic Discs straps. Before I added the stool, I didn't really have an issue with them they don't quite fit the stool right, which is why I suggest the Innova straps. The stool keeps the straps straight.