• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

innova kc plastic

discgolfer09

Bogey Member
sorry if this is in the wrong section, im doin this from my phone... but any ways i went to PIAS today and i was told that innova is gonna discontinue all kc plastic since they have produced the r pro... i think this would be DUMB AS HELL... i hope its not true... has any one else heard this?

replace the kc roc with r-pro roc

right...that might make me switch to discraft mids...odds are someone is confused or messing with you

You know, when I go looking for the newest disc golf manufacturer news...I immediately drive over to PIAS and ask the guy behind the counter making 6.50/hr. He's always got the latest scoop.

:roll:

Did you talk to Jerry? I heard the same thing from Rivers who heard that from jerry. I haven't been up there, but the story goes is he tried to order some and innova told him that.

I bet there's a misunderstanding and its JK that's gonna be given the oust. R-Pro is clost to JK and Julianna doesn't play much anymore.

Oh, and the owner of PIAS, Jerry, is a disc golfer and is pretty well versed on dg stuffs.

dgdave said:
I bet there's a misunderstanding and its JK that's gonna be given the oust. R-Pro is clost to JK and Julianna doesn't play much anymore.

Lets hope this is the case

i think it was jerry... but he said that they will get a few later this week and then thatl be it...

oh and i asked if the jk stuff was going and he said it was stayin

It's gotta be confusion between jk and kc. I've been expecting the announcement that R-pro will replace jk (including the softer pro rhyno mix). I can't imagine they'd discontinue kc. KC Rocs and KC Aviars are probably the most thrown discs by Innova pros.

dgdave said:
Hell, I'll just go ask Dave D.

I'm surprised it took this long.

There have been the end of "pro" plastic rumors floating around for the last three years.

It was the driver pro plastic that was on the fence, not the mid and putter pro that was going to be disc.

Here's what Dave D just responded to me

davei said:
Not true for the KC Aviar and KC Roc. This might have been true two years ago when the material was supposed to be discontinued, but that changed and we have a ready supply. We have discontinued the KC Whippet and I believe there was one other model too. However the KC Aviar and KC Roc will continue as long as we can get the material.

Trey133 said:
"As long as we can get that material"

That doesn't sound 100% confident...
I'm pretty sure they've had issues with materials being discontinued in the past. The disc golf industry as a whole doesn't buy enough pellets to force the manufacturers to keep anything they use for golf discs around.