• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Innova pro pig

nash2000

Bogey Member
How rare are these things? My local course as 3 of them kicking around along with a few first run skeeters. Are the worth picking up?

Don't think they are rare, but they are great discs!

Old pro pigs, definitely. Great overstable hit and stick approach disc. I even drive with mine on occasion

Innova discontinued the Pro run for a while, so they were running around 30 a couple of years ago, but the factory store has new ones now so they are available again. Now only if they would do a KC type pro one.

So last year I bought a pro pig from the factory store, and now I finally wizened up and purchased some more.

However, the wings of the discs are different from the one I got from last year - the older one being more convex, and the new ones being flat, kind of like a magic. Did innova pull out a good ol' fashioned bamboozling and switch up the wing of the mold?

(the one on the left is the one I got last year)

17352363_10155859388877977_6065091058246587487_n.jpg

17361535_10155859389192977_643589242548279461_n.jpg

So last year I bought a pro pig from the factory store, and now I finally wizened up and purchased some more.

However, the wings of the discs are different from the one I got from last year - the older one being more convex, and the new ones being flat, kind of like a magic. Did innova pull out a good ol' fashioned bamboozling and switch up the wing of the mold?
]

The one on the right looks like the wing on the Blizzard Champ version of the Pig. I have 2 of the Blizzard, 2 Pro and 1 R-Pro... the pro and r pro I own have the scooped out wing on the left disc in your picture. My blizzards have the rounded wing

(the one on the left is the one I got last year)

That one on the right is :gross:. Innova what the H- are you doing to my favorite approach disc? I have a stack of them, but not as big a stack as I'd like if they are going to change the mold. I didn't like how the Blizzards flew at all. Have you thrown the new one and how did the flight compare to your older one?

That one on the right is :gross:. Innova what the H- are you doing to my favorite approach disc? I have a stack of them, but not as big a stack as I'd like if they are going to change the mold. I didn't like how the Blizzards flew at all. Have you thrown the new one and how did the flight compare to your older one?

Haven't had a chance to yet, but I'm hoping the difference in flight isn't too crazy

Man that looks like trash. Maybe not, but I would be pissed if I was expecting the one on the left and got something noticeably different.

My only advice is not great but it's all we've got -- just buy out 10+ of the run, get same weight & color for all. I bought 10 175g yellow pro Rhynos last year and cycle them out every few weeks so they wear evenly. At this rate I can putt with them until I'm 70, this pro plastic is so indestructible. I went to buy more, they just had red in 175. They don't feel the same.

Innova store EU just got the Pro PIG in stock :)

But you have the choice of:
-Concave top
-Flat top
-Pop top
-Slight Dome

What to choice?
I have the Blizzard and R-Pro Pig

Flat or concave is what you want, but you can buy and domey one and puddle it yourself in the window of a hot car.....might be awhile before you can do that though

Yeah I agree with Brock, flat or puddle tops are my favorites. I definitely wouldn't go for a pop top. Those original Blizzard F2 Pigs had huge pop top domes and they didn't feel or fly anything like a Pig (to me at least). I've had a coupe Pro Pigs with very slight domes that didn't seem to make much difference although they might not feel as good in a forehand (I throw them mostly backhand).

Yeah I agree with Brock, flat or puddle tops are my favorites. I definitely wouldn't go for a pop top. Those original Blizzard F2 Pigs had huge pop top domes and they didn't feel or fly anything like a Pig (to me at least). I've had a coupe Pro Pigs with very slight domes that didn't seem to make much difference although they might not feel as good in a forehand (I throw them mostly backhand).

Also the mega Concave Pigs fly odd too. I am talking discs that look like they were made concave as if somebody thought the Pig was a Yeti Aviar by mistake. Those discs have such bad glide it is almost non existent. I have seen some of those made in the 2000's and a player had one but it had almost 0 glide and was as OS of a putter I have ever seen; like when putting flat with the disc as soon as it is out of the hand and goes 1.5-2 feet the disc turns to the left and can fly in a 45 degree angle if you did not putt hard enough. That Mega Concave Pig dropped about 10 feet short and the disc was 20 feet out from getting to basket, that player should have been 5 feet from basket in any direction. Needless to say he went for a DX Ryhno instead for his main putter after abandoning the DX Sonic as a putting putter and keeping Sonic for an approach disc.

They only hade 1-2 "pop top", and "slight dome" in stock. . the rest was the flat and concave ( most of the concave )

Got my stack of Pro Pig´s today, they were all more or less "concave top"

They dont feel anything like i thought . . i tought they would be stiff and hard like the McPro AVIAR. . . but they are more "gummy" feel . . like a slightly stiffer R-PRO

But for a disc called "stiff" Pro . . it´s not very stiff at all. . .the Blizzard PIG is Stiff, The PRO is closer to the R-PRO than the Blizzard in firmness

Latest posts