• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Rat..

Did anyone see the new Rat mold that was just approved on 10/31?

New Rat:
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Rim Configuration: 66.75
Flexibility: 11.14kg

Old Rat:
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Flexibility: 6.01kg

Did anyone see the new Rat mold that was just approved on 10/31?

New Rat:
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Flexibility: 11.14kg

Old Rat:
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Flexibility: 6.01kg

Kinda interesting they also had the Jay and the Wombat3 approved/re-approved as well. Flexibility test results were all increases so I assume Innova received/produced some stiffer Star plastic and resubmitted them with minor tweaks to the molding process. Comparing a new run Rat (2022) with my first run (2017), I think the flight plate is a bit thicker and slightly domey instead of flat but the tooling is the same on the bottom. Maybe the molding machine had trouble ejecting the flatter Rats? PDGA rounding of measurements might mislead how big the differences of these new approvals are.

Is this much wing flashing typical on a Star Rat? Can't decide if I should remove it. I have no frame of reference. It's thicc.

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_143711.jpg
    IMG_20230613_143711.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230613_143627.jpg
    IMG_20230613_143627.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230613_143223.jpg
    IMG_20230613_143223.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
Is this much wing flashing typical on a Star Rat? Can't decide if I should remove it. I have no frame of reference. It's thicc.

Seems a bit extreme. I have one that I picked up used. It has a bit of flashing on the edge of the wing / parting line, but it looks like normal thin flashing. That looks like it was either part of the mold or someone didn't clamp the two sides of the mold all the way down...

Seems a bit extreme. I have one that I picked up used. It has a bit of flashing on the edge of the wing / parting line, but it looks like normal thin flashing. That looks like it was either part of the mold or someone didn't clamp the two sides of the mold all the way down...

And out comes the deburring tool. Thank ya.

Kinda interesting they also had the Jay and the Wombat3 approved/re-approved as well. Flexibility test results were all increases so I assume Innova received/produced some stiffer Star plastic and resubmitted them with minor tweaks to the molding process. Comparing a new run Rat (2022) with my first run (2017), I think the flight plate is a bit thicker and slightly domey instead of flat but the tooling is the same on the bottom. Maybe the molding machine had trouble ejecting the flatter Rats? PDGA rounding of measurements might mislead how big the differences of these new approvals are.
Just got a new S-blend Infinite Tomb (shares the same top as the Rat) and it has a new tooling on the bottom (new core mold piece?). Maybe this is why they re-approved the mold. Profile really doesn't look different though. D and I-blend Tombs I picked up early last year still had the old tooling. Maybe the new core piece is to allow making Halo versions of these molds...
Same with the new Infinite Tomb I got so pretty typical. Kinda wears down over time though with enough FH rollers :D

Been waiting for a new run/release of these again but these F2s have probably been sitting in a box for a few years. Ordered 3 so hopefully one of them is good and flat.

Might have to start bagging the Rat/Tomb combo again if these fly well - had dropped my first run Star after it beat in to a turnover disc and kinda been missing it. 4+ years ITB is really good for a disc I used on all kinds of roller/BH/FH approaches. I've had trouble using a Toro in the same manner - it seems like the FH roller doesn't get down on a good angle compared to the Rat. 🐀