• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

innova video game

swel3041

Double Eagle Member
anyone played this game?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-Disc-Golf-Game-for-p-c_W0QQitemZ220032188847QQihZ012QQcategoryZ79804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
is it even worth a few hours of amusement? I'm sure its nothing spectacular but is it even worth playing once?

I've never played it myself, but I haven't heard much of anything good about it. I'm sure I'm not alone in SO BADLY wishing there were a nice dg game out there, something like the Tiger Woods PGA games with the accurate physics and ultra-realistic courses. Not only would it be great for the winter time to help get that disc fix, but I think it would be great for promoting the sport. I don't think it would be too hard to adapt something like the Tiger Woods or even Hot Shots game engine to make it for disc golf. If only I knew how to code! Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep on hoping that someone else will get inspired. :roll:

there is a really DG game, I thought you would have heard about it by now, its called: "Disc Golf", it is so realistic. Like when the weathers bad its bad in the game, if your arm was sore the game gets harder, then it goes further with "Disc Golf Live" where you can meet new disc golfers and play disc golf! and talk about disc golf! Its amazing. And the absoulute best part is its cheap, you spend ten dollars on the disc, get home take your work shoes of sit down and get ready to play "Disc Golf". Heres where it really separates itself from all the other disc golf games. instead of picking up a bag of chips, you put you play clothes on, go outside and throw that disc! Its an amazing feeling!

ok, sorry, I think we all know I would like a disc golf video game too. And in time Im sure someone will see the market (as it grows) and make a serious attempt at a game, golf simulators have come a long way (along with new systems).[/b]

Agreed. Don't play a video games about sports: go play the sport. However, it may be a way for us to feed our addiction while at work or so.

I would play a game, but it would have to be good (it still bugs me that anny and hyzer are mixed up on that minigame online)

A disc golf video game would be perfect for this controller
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=TfyOgnUc7zB-ZlzdQvMhKJOgS5LsR2nK&page=

Angle of release covered...arm speed covered...

Just make sure not to let the controller RIP out of the hand like you would a disc!!! They may need to add a safety leash to the controller so these don't end up going right through the TV set.

Thatdirtykid said:
there is a really DG game, I thought you would have heard about it by now, its called: "Disc Golf", it is so realistic. Like when the weathers bad its bad in the game, if your arm was sore the game gets harder, then it goes further with "Disc Golf Live" where you can meet new disc golfers and play disc golf! and talk about disc golf! Its amazing. And the absoulute best part is its cheap, you spend ten dollars on the disc, get home take your work shoes of sit down and get ready to play "Disc Golf". Heres where it really separates itself from all the other disc golf games. instead of picking up a bag of chips, you put you play clothes on, go outside and throw that disc! Its an amazing feeling!

hehehe, OK smartass. :) Yes, I do believe that playing the real thing is better than playing a video game, and would rather do that. But, I do also like video games, and though I've never actually played the Tiger Woods games, every time I see a picture or video of them, I wish that it was a hucker I saw on the tee pad instead of some ball golf duffer. Anyway, a good disc golf game would be great for nasty days and nights, and hell, it might even help. Like driving after playing Gran Tourismo, you might find some better ways to do things.

And yeah, a discing game for the Wii would be perfect. If they came out with that (and assuming the game was good), I would buy the system in a heartbeat, just for that one game.

Why would anyone who didnt like actually playing disc golf want to buy a video game of it, that is the people who think we are a bunch of stupid stoners throwing frisbiees at trees. I think the rainy days and evenings would be fun to play online, like with people on the board here, and get to see all kinds of different course models for us who dont get to travel much. I mean paintball has hastily made nich market video games that are still fun to play, throw us a bone x-box!

swel304 said:
Why would anyone who didnt like actually playing disc golf want to buy a video game of it, that is the people who think we are a bunch of stupid stoners throwing frisbiees at trees. I think the rainy days and evenings would be fun to play online, like with people on the board here, and get to see all kinds of different course models for us who dont get to travel much. I mean paintball has hastily made nich market video games that are still fun to play, throw us a bone x-box!

For the same reason that kids play NBA Live on the computer instead of playing outside at the local courts.

What gets me is they want to brag about it. Oh yes you can move your fingers quicker than mine. Come, let us play 1 on 1 and see what happens.

For the same reason that kids play NBA Live on the computer instead of playing outside at the local courts.
I see your point but I dont think you can really compare disc golf to nba/nfl or any other national pastime sports. For that matter, if it did turn out like that, I'd say bring on the video games and hordes of useless game addicted kids, that would be great exposure for DG.

TexasOutlaw said:
What gets me is they want to brag about it. Oh yes you can move your fingers quicker than mine. Come, let us play 1 on 1 and see what happens.
Sounds like someone isn't very good at video games. ;)

It's a totally different form of enjoyment that requires different skills. No, playing a video game is not a substitue for the real thing, but the real thing isn't a substitue for a video game, either.

Yeah, my best friend just HAD to go out and sink ~$1000 into a snowboard and gear after playing SSX Tricky in too many late night marathons. And had his gf buy him a skateboard for his birthday after he'd spent too much time playing Tony Hawk. If you ignore the fact that I think he's only used the snowboard once and rarely skates, it's a great example of how a video game can turn someone on to a sport. Plus, compared to those sports, disc golf is way cheap and relatively easy to pick up (don't have to worry too much about breaking bones in the learning curve).

And yeah, a lot of people might think of disc golf as stoners throwing frisbees at trees, but what do people think of gamers? Stoners sitting on a couch being absorbed in watching a little guy on a tv screen. I think there might just be a market. :wink:

it still bugs me that anny and hyzer are mixed up on that minigame online
can you point this one out to me? I cant seem to find it. the only one I can locate is the flash game that doesnt even have that much detail to it. Its fun for about 30 seconds I guess :lol:

http://www.miniclip.com/games/disc-golf/en/

mabey it assumes that you throw forehand, theres another one similar that you could choose between foehand and backhand, but I dont remember that one, never mind, because if you throw it flat it fades RHBH

wow that was twice as fun! which is 60 seconds for anyone keeping score :roll:

the one I cant find you might accually make it through a round ;-)

ok I want the innova pc game anyway.... anyone have one they want rid of? or know a website that sells them that has it in stock? only place I can find it is gggt.com and it says out of stock. Id rather not pay 20$ anyway if someone has it and dont want it.

I finnally got it and its not that bad! I mean, its not a marvel of modern gaming but its still fun to play (so far). I still cant figure out why forhand and backhands fade the same way but oh well, im better at this than real dg! :lol: and it is internet ready, who wants to play around? Just pm me if your too embarassed to let people know you have the game :oops:

Latest posts