• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

junior player looking for bag advice

NeverBirdie

im 15 and been playing for a good amount of time now.i throw close to 300,rhbh and rhfh.
bag:flak3
MAIN THROWERS
3 destroyers(175,175,157)
2 terns(gstar175 understable ,champion,175 straighter
2 teebirds(157 beat in,175)
2 eagles(171 beat in,175 newish)
firebird 175
3 beasts •175 star,tight s shots
•174 gstar,flippy turnovers
•172 champ,straight to turnover or big s shots
variety of rocs(roc3s rancho roc roc+ etc
multiple judges in bag
escape
witness
give me some feedback please!

Distance Drivers:
Pick 3 of the following, one each for OS, straight and US

3 destroyers(175,175,157)
2 terns(gstar175 understable ,champion,175 straighter
Give this a whirl:

Control Drivers:
Pick 3 of the following, one each for OS, straight and US
3 Beasts
Escape

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird 175
Pick 3 of the following, 1 for OS, 1 for straight and 1 US

2 teebirds(157 beat in,175)
2 eagles(171 beat in,175 newish)
Witness

Mids:
Pick 3 of the following, 1 for OS, 1 for straight and 1 US

Variety of Rocs (Roc3's, Rancho Roc, Roc+, etc.)

Putters:
Judges- Use a couple for only putting and 1 only for drives and approach

If you want to get even better you should try to improve your form. I used to throw a lot of drivers, and I could get them to 350' on a really good throw. I started throwing almost nothing but Roc3s and Rocs, and four weeks later I got my 180g Champ Roc3 to 350' on a low, straigh line. What I'm trying to say is that it's a lot of fun to play with those super fast discs and all that, but I think it's even more fun to improve my game and be able to make shots I could only dream of just a couple of months ago. You are 15 years old, you can throw drivers all life long. Wouldn't it be a lot better to be able to crush them 400'-450', or even further, other than maxing at 300'-350'?

Edit: Don't throw away all the fast discs, just store them somewhere for a couple of months. Keep a few of them in the bag for those moments when you just want to rip one. Remember: nothing's more important than having fun! :)

Last edited:
If you're around 300' in distance you may want to disc down a bit. There's nothing wrong with it! Unless the destroyers are pretty beat up theyre probably a little too overstable

Latest posts