• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LHBH -- stuck in low 300s

force

Have been stuck in the low 300s for a while now. I've struggled to get the timing down because I play on my nondominant side due to ball golf rotator cuff injuries.

I watch a ton of form videos but nothing seems to click. I will work hard on the drills suggested, my swing looks wonky particularly my pull through, I just don't know how to fix it. :wall:

Added two speeds and angles. Just need some swing technicians here to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/OQhihCSmP3E

you-have-been-ce77474075.jpg

sorry.. should work now. Publishing the video as "unlisted" was the issue.

LHBH Flight Characteristics

I started about 2 months ago and have been working on my consistency (accuracy) and to a lesser extent distance. I understand that I need to develop repeatable good form to progress. So far I am strictly LHBH. On flight numbers, specifically Fade and Turn, I am having trouble wrapping my mind around these 2 measurements as they relate to a left-hand throw. Can anyone tell this rookie leftie what I should expect to happen since all flight numbers are based on right hand?

I started about 2 months ago and have been working on my consistency (accuracy) and to a lesser extent distance. I understand that I need to develop repeatable good form to progress. So far I am strictly LHBH. On flight numbers, specifically Fade and Turn, I am having trouble wrapping my mind around these 2 measurements as they relate to a left-hand throw. Can anyone tell this rookie leftie what I should expect to happen since all flight numbers are based on right hand?

FYI - Probably better off posting this in the technique and strategy forums

Flight numbers are not righty specific. The discs will do the same thing for a lefty but just in the opposite direction. So for BH instead of fading left the disc will fade right. Just use a mirror image of the flight path.

https://youtu.be/P5dBdSpqJmU

thanks for the crush the can recommendation SW, I definitely feel more explosive when done right, and notice myself springing up during the end of the throw. I remember Drew Gibson said something similar in one of his videos.

also worked on shifting weight from behind

Need to hinge/sit back into rear hip so the shoulder/s get loaded back behind the hip/s. Your head/shoulders are leading your stride - tipping over.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• buttwipe cog .jpg
    buttwipe cog .jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 68
  • shoulder loaded behind hip vs forward.jpg
    shoulder loaded behind hip vs forward.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 66
  • tipping over head first hershyzer.jpg
    tipping over head first hershyzer.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
Currently battling a shoulder injury from lifting but got some field work in. Working on loading into back hip, crushing the can, and keeping the brace leg straighter. Binged SW22 videos and Saw an Overthrow vid where he suggests tilting the front shoulder downwards, I will give that a try next time. Also having nose angle issues which must be intrinsic to my form because I am tilting my wrist down at release. Thanks again.

https://youtu.be/AVPp7Ay5fE0

Take it from a remorseful hypocrite - throwing while injured usually leads to bad habits from compensation.

1. Get that off arm tucked closer to your rear hip for now. Right now it is compensating/counterbalancing a poor shift and functioning like a drag rather than accelerator.

2. Keep working on Crush the can. Your plant leg is reaching in front of you and all your weight is braced behind it rather than landing on top and swinging, leading with your CoG. You are striding too long into the plant. You are in an Immovable Horse stance. Shift in a smaller range of motion until you master the mechanics.

ZxsUSsW.png

You need to move foot to foot more like this:

I9OAbj.gif

3. Tilt is dynamic and needs to work in the context of the overall motion. What your shoulders are doing needs to operate in the context of how your legs and rest of the body work:

I am going to revisit and revise some of the content here after learning more, but you might find it beneficial to help get used to how you move your weight around and tilt in the context of your legs:

SW22 intervened on my own tilt issues recently so I'll pay that forward here.

Had some success last week. After dry swinging for a week due to my injury and focusing on the one leg drill, crush the can in a semicircle like Simon, hershyzer, off arm, Blake T hammer drills, and swinging upwards, I went out and shot my first 1000-rated round. I threw a Sirius Scorpius 412, a star destroyer 415-425ft, a z mantis 370ft, and my emac truths 310-335ft! This preshot thread is gold; I was hitting most of my lines despite not playing in a few days. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134167

I have a question on weight shift and the stride.

When you are striding before crushing the can, should you resume the intensity of plantar flexion with your rear foot, or should you feel rear foot pressure is drifting? SW22 described the stride as feeling like "rappelling", which is a great way of imagining hershyzer + door frame drill. During this, I feel like my rear foot pressure "drifts" and I am leading with my COG like Brychanus said in his previous comment, ready to get on front leg once front heel lands. Is this correct? Because when I retain strong plantar flexion on rear during the stride and attempt to crush the can, I feel like I am "pushing off back leg" and I spin out as a result. Not sure which is correct, but it feels like my momentum is loading ("falling") on front leg before I crush the can while maintaining a hinge in my back hip.

Attachments

• IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6380.jpg
    IMG_6380.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
Depending on what you mean/feel, I think the rear foot pressure is a little more like a roll than a "drift."

That move is part of getting onto the front leg/dropping pressure into the heel. What you're describing as a push could be several things that lead to spinout and the last part sounds like you're losing balance somewhere in the chain; video is best.

Latest posts