• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lincoln Ridge Landslide

We got some more rain tonight and tomorrow so its only gonna get worse. Though, i'm not sure there is really much they can do anyway. The hillside above is too steep to cut back into and if they dig it out then there would be a very real danger of another slide when people are at the bottom. It would be very expensive to build a retaining wall...

I think they should just pull 14 and 15 and build a new trail down to no 16 tee. 14(the downhill hole) is getting pretty dangerous itself...

Last edited:
You could see that ground slowly slipping away over the last few years. The railroad ties that used to be at ground level were about 8" above the ground because of how much it had sunk.

Fixing it would require a huge amount of earth work and retaining walls, something I'm sure the county has no interest in paying for and then maintaining.

I'm excited to see what the final outcome is. I'd like to see a couple new holes. Lose 14 and 15, with maybe something from current 14 tee to the general vicinity of 15's basket. Still a downhill but you'd be going downhill on an angle with danger behind the pin. Then a new 15 from the "lost tee/winter 18 tee" over towards 16's tee but up the hill a little bit. (If there's room in the buffer space between 16 and 17.

Honestly though, 16's fairway will be the next one to slide into the creek. That middle section that pretty much always stays damp will be the first area to fall.

See attached.

Attachments

• Banklick 15 landslide.jpg
    Banklick 15 landslide.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 58
Oy. Sorry to hear about that, I liked Lincoln Ridge very much when we played.

Hope they can figure out a work-around.

You could see that ground slowly slipping away over the last few years. The railroad ties that used to be at ground level were about 8" above the ground because of how much it had sunk.

Fixing it would require a huge amount of earth work and retaining walls, something I'm sure the county has no interest in paying for and then maintaining.

I'm excited to see what the final outcome is. I'd like to see a couple new holes. Lose 14 and 15, with maybe something from current 14 tee to the general vicinity of 15's basket. Still a downhill but you'd be going downhill on an angle with danger behind the pin. Then a new 15 from the "lost tee/winter 18 tee" over towards 16's tee but up the hill a little bit. (If there's room in the buffer space between 16 and 17.

Honestly though, 16's fairway will be the next one to slide into the creek. That middle section that pretty much always stays damp will be the first area to fall.
I don't think it sunk that much. They re-graded it at some point over the last couple years when they "fixed" the last washout/slide that happened. That dropped it at least a foot along the first part of the ties. But yea you could definitely see it coming. Getting down and back up if you throw down into the creek was already pretty sketchy, especially early on 15.

It would be interesting if they could use some of the land out passed 5 and 6 where the nature trail goes back into the woods.

I wonder how far the shot would be if you threw down to 15s basket from the lost tee? There is already an old trail there...

I think the problem with that area is the upper section might slide down over the fairway rather than the fairway sliding out. If that happens, then 17s tee might slide down the hill...

One of our best courses took a hit over the weekend. Heavy rains finally took out no15(first creek hole)...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=gm.1472009806244336&type=3&theater&ifg=1

That sucks! That is where I learned to play and played several times a week, every week, rain or shine growing up. I lived about 10mins away. One of the guys who worked at Sunoco on the corner would stash a 175gr Cyclone for me behind the counter because half the time they had a crap selection with crap weghts. Sunoco and Disc N Dat were the only places I could buy discs back then. I've swam in that lake near 16, 17 and 18 many times retrieving discs back in the day! I have sooo many memories playing there.

sad to see, 14 and 15 are such a signature part of that course (still Banklick Woods to me). I've birdied that hole and also
been at the bottom more than once. I hope it's fixed by the next time I visit the area.

Latest posts