• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Looking For Light Colored Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I need a Champ Panther, but I need it to be yellow, red, or orange. If you have one you would like to sell, please contact me.

I thought you were the Coyote man. What do you need a Panther for?

I use the Coyote for understable shots. The Panther is a more stable midrange.

I'm with Eric on this one...I used to throw coyotes, but ended up finding a brand new panther w/no name on it and just for giggles threw it around and found it to be much less stable than my coyote, in fact went straight as an arrow for me, with little to no fade at the end, where my coyote would have slightly more fade. If you want more stable, the spider or the cro would be a better choice, if that isn't enough, then go with the Gator.

Just at a glance the Panther appears to be much more understable than a Coyote, but that is just because Innova has so many POS flippy midrange discs in their line-up it clogs up the chart. They are closer than the chart shows, but the Panther should still be less stable than a Coyote.

If you ask me, Innova should take the Coyote, Cobra, Stingray, Wolf, Skeeter, Kite and Panther and pick one. They are all variations on the same thing...flippy POS mid-ranges!

From what I understand the Panther is dead...there are still some out there but no more are going to be produced. The Cobra is dead in Champ and Pro, it is only being made in DX in the "classic" Cobra mold (which is almost exactly like a Stingray and makes no sense, but no one asked me.) I'd look for the Cobra to go OOP in the next few years as well. Thats a start. They just need to cancel four more!

Funny (just to me, but I'll post it anyway.) Looking at Innova's chart there are five old discs listed as "Mid-Range," the Roc, Shark, Cobra, Stingray and Panther. Back in the day, before "speed" and "glide" existed as disc golf terms, the Roc, Shark and Panther were marketed as mid-ranges but the Cobra and Stingray were marketed as drivers. NOW...The Cobra and Stingray are listed as mids at the same speed as a Roc or Shark, and the Panther is shown as being faster than all of them. So I guess the marketing of the Panther as a "driver-like mid-range" back in the day was all bunk since now they say it is closer to being a driver than two discs they actually used to call drivers.

My point? Oh, by now you should realize I don't have one! Just don't depend on marketing to tell you how a disc flies. Sometimes they are just making it up. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Classic Roc, XD & Aero at some point were downgraded from "Mid-Range" to "Putt and Approach." I guess it's OK to putt with a Classic Roc now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts