• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lose balance x-step

Andree88

Help pls! i lose my balance on the last step in the x-step when i try to get my front foot more to the left side . I get no power and lose controll when that happens. Simon Lizotte talk about the front foot. You need to get it more to the left and not in a straight line. When i practice that i cant hold the balance and everything goes bad.
best regards

Help pls! i lose my balance on the last step in the x-step when i try to get my front foot more to the left side . I get no power and lose controll when that happens. Simon Lizotte talk about the front foot. You need to get it more to the left and not in a straight line. When i practice that i cant hold the balance and everything goes bad.
best regards

Post a video if possible.

This video should help.

Simply put though, don't step out to the left. Keep your momentum going in line, which will be at a slight right to left angle compared to where you will release the disc. It will look closed when you are planted compared to where the disc will release.

A lot of it is also being balanced on your left foot, so when you turn to backswing your butt is facing the target and your foot/leg just makes that arc to the plant step.

If you have to force it or try to do it too much, you aren't in balance during the X-step. Try to be in balanced in general first, and have a basic X-step. Once you have it rock solid you can experiment more. Trying to copy Simon without having the fundamentals will likely throw you off.