• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McCabe Sig Buzzz SS

Aubin1

Birdie Member
killerbees_nov2010.jpg

Interesting... I'll be picking one up.

Robin Hood said:
I wonder if Discraft said no to him having the Buzzz.
that is a good question. Doss doesn't throw the Buzzz which is odd since he's the DC poster boy. I've never thrown an SS but I love the Buzzz. I'm sure I'll be buying a few when they hit shelves. what can I expect?

I already have a couple of ESP Hornets (ace race models). It's cool that it's going production. It may stay in my bag if I ever throw them again. shrug.

I just miss my favorite Pink Z Buzzz :cry:

With the Buzzz SS and the Comet both rated at 0.0 stability by Discraft, how do the two compare?

roman said:
With the Buzzz SS and the Comet both rated at 0.0 stability by Discraft, how do the two compare?

I find the SS to bit faster and less stable in the HSS but more stable in the LSS. I personally find the SS useless but I'm a Comet guy.

interesting...

don't hear much Buzzz SS talk. Think it could be a real winner with the buzzz crowd. Haven't thrown one yet, even though i've been eyeing one solidly for a while now. I guess it came down to the fact that it was a fundraiser, I like the thought about getting a cheap replacement if necessary, I bet there's a lot of people who feel the same way too. .02

I too throw comets for touch drives, turnover drives etc. I guess I'm just looking for that nails straight low line 330+ shot that the buzzz does when it's seasoned. does anyone have a side by side shot of an SS and a standard flat Z production. Is the SS domier? different profile? is it closer to the Core? I think Jeronimo spoiled me with his big Latitude 101 post.

I have not ever hear anything good about a buzzz SS. I've never thrown one but a lot of people I have heard found them worthless. I do wonder if it is a disc McCabe throws or if it is just because they would not let him have a buzzz.

I will pick one up just for fun, but it will find its home in the trunk of my car like all the others. I just don't see much a reason to carry a buzzz ss when I have multiple buzzzes and a meteor in my bag already.

beat in buzzz = buzzz ss
beat in buzzz ss = meteor

Btw. I am really excited about the Hornet. I really hope they come out in a z plastic too.

A buzzz and a beer said:
Btw. I am really excited about the Hornet. I really hope they come out in a z plastic too.

www.discgolfacerace.com said:
Hornet will be released to the general public soon; we plan on running the production version in Z plastic with a max weight of 178 grams. Weights as low as 150 class may be possible.

Iman522 said:
I do wonder if it is a disc McCabe throws or if it is just because they would not let him have a buzzz.
I did look through all the player's bags early this year at Discraft.com, he's had the Buzzz SS there all along.

This is sweet - I've always wanted to try the SS, but I didn't want to get locked into a disc with such limited availability.
Anybody know when they'll be released?

jubuttib said:
Iman522 said:
I do wonder if it is a disc McCabe throws or if it is just because they would not let him have a buzzz.
I did look through all the player's bags early this year at Discraft.com, he's had the Buzzz SS there all along.

I guess your probably right. I don't think I had ever seen that in a pros bag but based off his review he REALLY likes them. Hopefully it will turn out like people are talking about being like a broken in buzzz but I still have my doubts based off of what I have heard about the limited edition ones.

Wouldn't it be better to have a seasoned Buzzz instead of worrying about your SS taking that dive into flippy land?

He gets a commission of each disc sold with his name on it just like Kenny(used to until they bought him out) and the like do. Which is why I wonder about the Buzzz. It is Discrafts top selling disc you know. I wonder if they didn't want to give away any profits on that disc and told him no.

BrotherDave said:
Wouldn't it be better to have a seasoned Buzzz instead of worrying about your SS taking that dive into flippy land?

Yes, and this pretty much sums up my feeling on the SS. A couple of years ago I lost my $$ seasoned Z Buzzz and every newish one I was trying was too stable to flip up and glide the way I like on shots under 300'. I eventually got ahold of a Z Buzzz SS and it seemed to be right in the stability that I desired. It also held it's altitude better when turned than a Buzzz. Over about 6 weeks I had some limited success, but I found the SS to be less versatile than the regular Buzzz and a lot less consistent. The SS is worse at holding lines (anhyzer, straight, hyzer) than the Buzzz, and instead likes to break understable and then fade more. It is also more speed and nose angle sensitive than the Buzzz....When underpowered it would not turn and fade a lot, when overpowered it becomes more understable than the regular mold.

The Buzzz SS has more in common with the Coyote/Mako/MD2 than the Buzzz.

Latest posts