• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Form (GoPro-Slow Motion)

treehugger87

These are updated form videos. They were shot at 60 fps per second with a GoPro and then edited to 10% speed. I'm still having issues getting over 350' with high speed drivers so any input or suggestions are welcome.

http://youtu.be/3Kfvjl5qRbw

http://youtu.be/FgZrDnn3SB4

You could reach back farther. The plant step is a little long for that speed. The plant is too open and the foot could point 90 degrees or more away from the target. The elbow did not lead the throw enough because you did not brace the plant step. It is hard to say how quick the steps were but i assume you could move a little faster which should create more distance potential. That can backfire in lost distance initially if you lose balance or timing.

That Nuke fades too early and hard. At your current distance something like a Beast is more appropriate.

If you are struggling getting up to 350'+ A Valkyrie or a Escape may be what you would have better Success throwing with. They require less arm speed and they can go far when you hit them just right.

I feel this type of speed disc is much easier to learn with. Throwing really fast drivers can really hurt your form if you do not have the arm speed for them. You learn too many bad habits.

Agreed which is why i suggested the modified longer Valkyrie namely Beast. A mid 160s will help too vs max weight.

JR said:
Agreed which is why i suggested the modified longer Valkyrie namely Beast. A mid 160s will help too vs max weight.

Not in all cases but in some even a Beast can be too fast of a disc.

My buddy who has less arm speed than I cannot throw a Beast,but can throw a Valkyrie very well.

I know a guy that normally throws 230' and a little up that uses Roadrunners Valks and Beasts with the Beast being his go to and it flies decently straight. The op gets 350' and it is fine for the Beast.

Latest posts