• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nate Doss Special Edition Challenger

Dana

Double Eagle Member
"These special edition D Challengers have been designed to meet my specifications of putter preferences. I prefer this type of putter because it is stiff yet the plastic texture makes it easy to grip for the ultimate feel and control. There are only 500 of these Challengers made and all proceeds will go to support my 2012 Disc Golf Tour."

Anyone pick these up? Are these the new "Cam Todds", so to speak?
Only 500 made, I'm thinking these could be worth some $$$, especially if they are Cam Todd'ish.

if they somehow managed a combination of the stiff white and orange ones with the grippyness of the black or blue ones I would be sold... but how much do they cost?

Weren't the cam todds super stiff and kinda smooth?

The Nate Doss ones are $20 each but all the money goes towards him touring. I just dont know if I could spend that much on a Pro D disc

I've had my finger over the purchase button a couple times on these. Just waiting to hear some reviews from anyone who has tried them.

These look sweet, and the $$ goes to a good cause. Can't wait to get a few... C'mon Nate, ship them out! :)

I loved the stiffness/durability of the cam todd, but not a big fan of how slick it is. I tend to just go with a standard D challenger for putting. Hopefully this is what I'm looking for, the grip of a D with the stiffness of a cam todd.

you are poorly informed my friend. Besides, they meet his specifications, so I be they are solid like the McCabe DD run. But McCabe likes a softer putter.

That wouldn't be a first, but how does that apply to this situation? If Discraft could take an existing disc make them better, and sell them for a significant amount more money, they'd do it.

That wouldn't be a first, but how does that apply to this situation? If Discraft could take an existing disc make them better, and sell them for a significant amount more money, they'd do it.

First you have to define better for who. Keep in mind, one man's junk is another's treasure.

Also keep in mind, there's value in a limited run. The per unit cost can be much higher which gives Nate a chance to make some nice profit on sales.

Also keep in mind, there's value in a limited run. The per unit cost can be much higher which gives Nate a chance to make some nice profit on sales.

This *looks like something Discraft is doing to help Nate fund his 2012 tour. He has only been a full time disc golfer for just over a full year now. Hopefully the discs are sweet, I bought two.

IMO, pro models of discs will become more and more prevalent over time, and this is a good thing. A pro likes a certain run/color/weight of a disc for good reason.

Assuming they got it right, this is a big win for Discraft: Being able to zero in on a particular combination that a world champ likes and sell it to the masses. Because it's not just about the mold. It's about the combination of color, plastic and weight that takes a disc from good to irreplaceable. :clap:

Assuming they got it right, this is a big win for Discraft: Being able to zero in on a particular combination that a world champ likes and sell it to the masses. Because it's not just about the mold. It's about the combination of color, plastic and weight that takes a disc from good to irreplaceable. :clap:

Agreed, for sure.

I aked discraft on FB they say that they are stiffer/harder than a normal D plastic.