• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a specific bag suggestion! Non backpack!

Vega

Backstory: when I bought my DD Ranger I only considered 2 things... it was on sale and I really really wanted a bag. So I got it. Now, 6 months later, I can't really say I'm an unhappy customer.. But I've finally come to accept I don't LOVE it. It has plenty of space for extra things, but I don't carry many extra things! I gladly give up my enormous top pocket for more putters. It's very ergonomic, but get this, I paid attention to my packing habits for a whole 18 hole round, and I realized I spend less than 10% of the time with it on my back. Most of the time I'm carrying with one arm or on one shoulder. And the color isn't ugly, but it's just not my favorite either. I'm just 'mildly satisfied' with my bag so I want to make a change!

Now I know how to Google and I've spent my fair time in forums and I know these posts are abundant, but I'm after something a bit different.. I realized since I spend so little time with it on my back, I could switch off of backpacks and pick up something with more capacity! The Innova Discarrier really interests me, but the design is just a little bit stale. So finally, the question: What alternative non-backpack bags are there out there similar to the Innova Discarrier? Large capacity and cooler designs and colors?

P.S. Yes I'm strongly considering a DIY bag, and if you're really for that method, what NON-DG bags would you suggest?

Thanks guys!

I am now growing seriously suspicious that I misunderstood the title of this sub-forum.

Forum traffic on weekends can be light, especially weekends with no big tourneys going.
Some suggestions, by no means exhaustive in scope:
The big over-the-shoulder bag is not a big seller nowadays, but a few companies offer them, like the Voodoo Karma, the GB Kong, the Fade Tourney bag and the Lat64 Pro bag. All good choices and I'm certain that I missed some good choices. Most have choices of some really cool colors.
As far as the DIY's, most of them have been backpacks, so no good suggestions there.
Hope this helps,

If you don't have to carry a lot of discs, I would recommend a Maxpedition Jumbo. It's a small form factor tactical / concealed carry bag that makes a great disc golf bag if you only need to carry 7-9 discs. Has a main compartment that holds around 8 discs, a pocket for a mini on the front and the concealed carry portion is a perfect putter pocket. Also has a pocket designed for a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle. Plenty of other space for bug spray, shades, phone, wallet, etc. and is a light, single shoulder carry design. comes in right and left handed versions that are basically mirror images of each other for CC, but just get whatever you can find cheaper if you are using it for disc golf. Also, it has a tiny bit of MOLLE on it in case you want to attach additional pouches. This is the setup I have been using for my local course where I don't need to be carrying a grip of discs and it works out quite well. I got mine for $40 and Maxpedition stuff is very well constructed for the price.