• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need some suggestions on my bag!

Vega

First thing I'll say is, like many of my other posts, I'm going to talk way too much and probably give too many details so if you're looking for the TL;DR... there isn't one :clap: I love to talk about my sport and about my bag!

I know I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but despite my still lower rating, and skillset only just now adequate enough to start winning some Intermediate tournaments, (I took home 3rd this past weekend!) I throw only Innova and some Discmania. It's more of an OCD thing than anything, but it makes my bag and game feel neat, organized and controllable. I know the discs I'm looking for, that my game really needs, are likely hidden gems from another brand but I'm just being too anal about it right now.

Now, for what I throw! All max weights unless stated otherwise:

PUTTERS
2x Yeti Pro Aviar's - 171/172g as primary putters and understable approaches
2x D-Line P2's - For short or headwind putts, straight to understable and straight approach shots
Gummy Champ Rhyno - For sidearm and overstable approaches

MIDRANGE
McPro Roc3 - very beat for very understable shots, sometimes out of trouble
QMS - (unknown plastic name, it's basically champion) for super soft and straight upshots, or straight to understable, also great for powered down straight shots
Champion VRoc3 - straight as an arrow with the tiniest fade, also my only midrange that will skip just a little on low hyzer
Champion Roc3 - straight to overstable on slow fade, also for anhyzer sidearms for out of trouble
Champion Gator - (wonderfully flat and firm) for very overstable upshots, any kind of trick shot, and slower sidearm approaches

FAIRWAY
C-line FD - Everyone knows what these are for! <3 Everything! Dead straight to overstable, dead straight to understable, and gliding for years man
2x Champion Teebird - straight to slightly overstable, maybe a slower S curve, great distance and one with a little more fade than the other
Glow Champion Roadrunner - surprisingly understable for a glow, great for powered down straight shots with some distance or huge sky anhyzers (I don't do rollers)
C-line CD2 - *see C-line FD, then add about 30-50 feet of distance* is a little more beat in, can get understable when needed
Champion Firebird - one of my oldest, not quite what she used to be but still your standard workhorse for everything they're great for!

DRIVERS
C-line PD - my favorite disc, super straight to strong and sure fade, and lots of distance, so reliable
AJ Star Destroyer - for straight and long distance, sometimes a little turn, sometimes it just stands up straight and goes forever with consistent fade at the end
Champion Boss - will stand up straight and fade just a tad bit sooner than the AJ, either of these are my farthest disc on a good day, and I can bomb this one sidearm
Star Boss - one step up from the champion, very stiff and fades just a bit sooner, great hyzer sidearm disc
C-line PD2 - another step up, pretty overstable, I can stand it up for a ways and then strong finish and skip, or make some huge glidey hyzer shots, great for sidearm skips too
Metal Flake Champ Destroyer - a silly disc really, crazy overstable and useful for all kinds of crazy things, you already know!

And that's the bag, folks! :D

Now, here's what I'm trying to find:

I need an overstable mid range, bad! My Roc3 was fairly overstable the first three or four throws, but quickly got just too straight. I need something that holds a nice comfy hyzer line and if it's gonna stand up for a bit, I need to know it will get a strong finish. My gator is just too beefy, and I just don't see a lighter or softer version being any more reasonable, I need to get the same Roc3 distance just with a noticeably stronger finish. From what I've tested so far to fill this spot, I've learned that I loveee a beadless midrange, so if I can find this perfect combination I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I won a Truth this past weekend, and even though it was the first midrange I could throw 350, and right out of the box, it still couldn't hold the hyzer like I wanted it too. It just stood up straight and went a mile. The one clue I've had so far was from a round at a pitch and putt where I met a much older gentleman and described this 'hole in the bag' to him, and he let me throw his Wasp once. Felt great in the hand, and based on that ONE THROW it was perfect. Unfortunately, as much I love Innova; I really hate Discrap... It's a silly thing to judge a brand as a whole I know, but if I can find something close to it I'd make the sacrifice, lol.

The other slot I'm dying to figure out is one that follows the exact same conditions as that, just in a fairway driver! My Teebirds are going just a bit too long and too straight. I really need something just a little more overstable for a controlled hyzer shot. Maybe it's the same disc as the first description, maybe something a few speeds up (but certainly not Firebird speed).

So that's what I'm after guys, what do you think?

You can probably find a more stable Champion Roc3 to handle the slightly OS mid duties. I throw Ghosts, which are basically Rocs with a different name and plastic. It took a few tries before I found the right one that would lock on to that hyzer line.

For the fairway driver- have you tried a more overstable Teebird like a Brinster? Or maybe a 2nd run C-line FD (if you can find one)?

For the Mid, could try a champ Shark3, from all I've heard, they're more stable than the Roc3.

For the fairway, you could try a Banshee or a C-FD2.

The Westside Stag sounds like what you need for a fairway. It has slight turn when throw flat, but it fades well. I personally have never thrown a teebird, but I have heard that the Stag is a a faster teebird.