• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] New here.. sorry I'm an amateur

tat2dkajun

Hi. My best friend passed away and willed me about 1500 disc.... Alot are rare and very rare. They are all in baggies individual. I know NOTHING about this world :doh:. He was a collector. He was also wealthy and bought disc on ebay and other places for high dollar.

He went all over the States to courses and Championships. There are way to many to take pics of and post. Sooo I'm just putting one on just to see if some of ya'll can steer me the right direction .. PLEASE. I need to get these boxes out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ve2Jr6cZTXWEx5%bjQTqIA.jpg
    ve2Jr6cZTXWEx5%bjQTqIA.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 148
That SE Rhyno(White disc) is nice and if that is any indication of the rest of them, you have a problem on your hands. But a good one.:thmbup: I'm sure some of the other guys will weigh in with suggestions but do you know any of his other friends that play? Honest people are sometimes hard to find and if you have this many quality discs, its gonna start a feeding frenzy...

Hi. My best friend passed away and willed me about 1500 disc.... Alot are rare and very rare. They are all in baggies individual. I know NOTHING about this world :doh:. He was a collector. He was also wealthy and bought disc on ebay and other places for high dollar.

He went all over the States to courses and Championships. There are way to many to take pics of and post. Sooo I'm just putting one on just to see if some of ya'll can steer me the right direction .. PLEASE. I need to get these boxes out. Thanks in advance.

Condolences on the loss of your friend.

You need to find someone you trust to help evaluate the worth of these discs. Then you can auction them on eBay or otherwise have a sale on them. An auction is good because those who know the worth of the discs will start bidding against each other, and you should get reasonably fair value for them.

That SE Rhyno(White disc) is nice and if that is any indication of the rest of them, you have a problem on your hands. But a good one.:thmbup: I'm sure some of the other guys will weigh in with suggestions but do you know any of his other friends that play? Honest people are sometimes hard to find and if you have this many quality discs, its gonna start a feeding frenzy...

Looks like a Puma and not an SE Rhyno.

Do any of the discs say Champion Edition? Those are usually where the bigger money is. Also anything that has a 10X or 11X world champion stamp can bring in decent money.

Wow, that's a great and also terrible problem to have. The good news is that you probably have many thousands of dollars worth of discs, could easily be tens of thousands of dollars honestly. The bad news is that the only way to unlock all that value is a fair amount of hard work.

The fastest way to get rid of them would be to put them up for auction on eBay in lots (say lots of 10-20 discs each). However, without knowing what you're putting into the lots, you could easily create some lots worth thousands of dollars and some worth less than $100. Since not everyone has $2000 to spend on a lot of rare discs, your high value lots are most likely going to sell for way less than they're worth.

For discs worth a lot of money, you're going to get the most money listing them individually. For discs worth less, it's probably easier to sell in big lots as I said. In term of individual disc auctions, Facebook auctions will probably work better than eBay auctions since the big Facebook auction groups (like Dollar Disc Golf Auctions) get a lot of eyes on them. eBay is great if you already have some idea of the price of the disc because you can list stuff for a fixed price and just wait for someone who wants it to notice it. eBay is probably also fine for listing lots of discs that aren't worth a lot.

What you really need is a disc collector or two or three to go through the collection and sort them into 2 piles: "worth greater than $30" and "worth less than $30." Of course you could be more granular if you really wanted, but 2 piles is simple. Then you can auction off the valuable ones individually and the less valuable ones in larger lots. You could reward your helpers with a disc or two each for their time. Anyway, best of luck finding some (honest) helpers, and condolences on your loss.

Lol I just now noticed it says Puma inside the stamp...:doh: I never actually looked that close at those first run stamps to notice that they have the name in there...

@ HughsHilton, OMGosh THANK YOU so much for that info!!!! I will throw a couple on here to find out value! You are great!!

Hi. These disc are way older to have 11x and stuff. I have some from the early to mid 90's and 1983, etc.