• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to DG in DFW, TX

DStar

I live in Texas and have been playing for almost a month now. Don't really have any friends too interested in playing but I'm stocking up on discs (and trying new molds and plastics in the process) and plan on planting a few seeds. I've been practicing primarily with putters and mids (roc and buzzz) in a field by my house and can throw straight consistently around 200ft. I found a group of DGers on meetup but I don't think it's active. Anyone have some suggestions on groups or leagues in DFW?

DFW is a big place, what part of the metro-mess are you near? I'm on the east side but I play all over because I have a buddy in Rhome. We play on my side, his side and sometimes meet in the middle. Welcome to disc golf and DGCR!

Welcome! Get on Facebook. More info there than you can keep up with.

There's clubs everywhere -- a DFW minis list for one-round tourneys, DFW Disc Golf Group, FunkyTown (Ft Worth) club, East Dallas, and McKinney DGA (club). There's league types tourneys going on. There's meetup groups like TFBT Disc Golfers, and a course groups all over.

Check in out.

my mom was apart of that DG meetup group for a while lol

But yeah, DFW is huge and has alot of different clubs and courses. Check out the mini list as alot offer an am and an open category; it's a good way to meet new friends.

Play some pdga tournaments in the area and you should make some dg friends.

Welcome! I'm one of the founders of the grim rippers dg club. We are a traveling club that mostly stays on the ft worth/ arlington side of the metroplex. We are pretty new with something like 35 tag holders and a pretty wide range of player skills.

If your interested, pm me your name and I'll add you to the fb group. I guess that goes for any of you guys from dfw.

araytx, are you the dd A-ray that I meet at every tournament in the dfw?

Welcome to DGCR from MS. I have in laws in the Alvarado area and may holler at all of you the next time I am in town.

Let me know. I live 10 mins south of alvarado and I have a course at the house.

Nice, is the course listed here? I have never had a chance to write a trash review of someones literal "home" course :p JK. We have no immediate plans to visit but we do come down a couple of times a year. I also need to check TX of the list of places played so will holler when we are coming.

It's not listed. You can see some pics and maps in the last couple pages of the executing the dream thread.

I've thought about listing it but I don't think I could handle all that comes with that.

It's not listed. You can see some pics and maps in the last couple pages of the executing the dream thread.

I've thought about listing it but I don't think I could handle all that comes with that.

If it was listed or not was more of a lead in to me joking about giving it a bad review. I would be cautious of listing a home course here for probably the same reasons you have not listed it yourself.

To be more specific I live in Carrollton about 3mi from Jimmy Porter. I've tried soloing it but decided I needed some more practice after I almost beheaded an old lady and wound up in the creek. I played BB Owen with some friends yesterday and it was definitely easier (but I was fighting the wind all day). I know everyone tells beginners to stay away from overstable discs but after that I ordered a firebird and drone. Worst case ill sidearm them...

To be more specific I live in Carrollton about 3mi from Jimmy Porter. I've tried soloing it but decided I needed some more practice after I almost beheaded an old lady and wound up in the creek. I played BB Owen with some friends yesterday and it was definitely easier (but I was fighting the wind all day). I know everyone tells beginners to stay away from overstable discs but after that I ordered a firebird and drone. Worst case ill sidearm them...

If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a Firebird in the bag (I think there's a song here somewhere)...

Jimmy is a lot better than it used to be. The tee pads are great and the creek is much more forgiving than it has been in the past. There is flip doubles on Thursday nights (630ish?) and a singles mini on Sunday mornings.

Latest posts