• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2015 - DGCR'S 7TH ANNUAL DYE CONTEST - SPONSORS, VOTING LINKS, RESULTS

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

21139797935_f4076181e3_o.png

(This thread will be used to thank the many great sponsors of this year's Okthrowberfest, link to the voting poll, present the results, and display the payout through the end of the contest)

If I can ask one thing from this end, is to PLEASE support the sponsors of this year's competition. A truly jaw-dropping payout was made possible only by the graciousness of some of the best companies and people in this sport we love. Do let the following sponsors know that you appreciate their support of Okthrowberfest, and send them some business!

Premier sponsors in no particular order are as follows:

Dynamic Discs
continued their incredible support of Okthrowberfest again this year --- a $100 DD gift card for the winner, and twenty gorgeous opaque white never stamped Fuzion discs! Felons, Escapes, Suspects, Judges, and Wardens! Be sure to support Jeremy Rusco, Eric McCabe, Clay Houser, and all the many great people with Dynamic Discs at all the tour stops they help make so excellent!

CommunityDiscs.com
came through big, AGAIN, as a HUGE repeat sponsor! Justin put together an impressive package of 15 premium discs, a pair of dri-fit polos, a Golden Retriever, and a $10 gift certificate to EVERY entrant! Please show CommunityDiscs.com some thanks for their continued monumental support of Okthrowberfest!

Prodigy Disc
repeats this year as another incredible sponsor, donating ten incredibly clear, never stamped 400 Series M3s! Looking forward to Prodigy's continued success on the tour and in the air!

Zing Mini Discs
came in big again this year, with a box full of a variety of Zing Minis, including the new Cosmo, some stash minis, and a couple Zing t-shirts. Big thanks to Craig for continuing to pump out some awesome minis! Check them out next time you need a custom mini order!

Legacy Discs
is another incredible repeat sponsor! The boys out in California have been supporting Okthrowberfest for many years now, so show them some love and support their quest to show our sport how to Play With Confidence!

Skulboy Designs
has been a long-time supporter of Okthrowberfest, and continued again this year in great fashion --- donating a box of Duncan's stamps on a variety of discs and a Skulboy stash mini! Thanks again to Duncan and Skulboy Designs for thier continued support of disc dyers!

Reptilian Disc Golf
joined in as a new sponsor this year, donating four gift certificates to their website! Thanks to jcassidy1990(Jamie) and the rest of the team at RDG!

box4discs.com
jumped in this year with a donation of four deluxe Trotterboxes! Big thanks to Jim Trotter for his support and making the best disc golf boxes and shipping accessories out there!

Gateway Disc Sports
is another incredible repeat manufacturing sponsor, and donated some great prizes for the 2015 show! Thanks the crew and especially Dave for his years of dedication to growing our sport!

inbounds Disc Golf
supports Okthrowberfest again this year! They've been on board for a few years now, so be sure to check them out and give them thanks!

Phantom Discs
continued their support again this year, donating a gorgeous Glow Wizard and Phantom Discs t-shirt! Be sure to thank them for sticking with us again!

A very special thanks to World champion Sarah Cunningham, one of my personal favorites in our sport for donating a stack of custom discs to the pool. Sarah continues to be the only Pro disc golfer donating to the contest, and for that, we all thank her greatly!

And last but certainly not least, all the great donors from this site --- every year, even just a little goes a long way if so many people can make it happen, and every year, you do!

roggenb3, DyeingToPlay, kfeldt, brentjacobs, Badger45, Eky8, Russell, emoney, kw83028, rallyguy, kerplunk, Jnichols, discguy42

And of course, Timg and the excellent site for all things disc golf -- DGCourseReview.com!

Tim donated 2 premium memberships and 4 Disk Dog disc grabbers this year! Send him your thanks!

OK, now on to the voting!

We had exactly 25 entries, so we only need ONE POLL this year!

Each user gets 3 votes!

-- Vote for your favorite THREE entries!!! --

------------------------
*** CLICK HERE FOR THE VOTING POLL ***

------------------------

Support the sponsors, and good luck to all the entrants!

HOLY CRAP those are some AWESOME donations!!!

good on Community Discs for $10 gift card to all participants

... weird to see donations from the big companies like Prodigy, Legacy, and Gateway ... but no Innova or Discraft?!?!?! You'd think they'd have some blanks they'd be willing to donate :\

I've casually followed Okthrowberfest, but had no idea the sponsors were so generous and prizes so plentiful. Incredible.

And lets hear it for Bennett for organizing all of this!!! This has got to be a second full-time job for him for a couple months! (not to mention the other contests he organizes) I think that deserves more credit than sponsors!

You're the guy!

And lets hear it for Bennett for organizing all of this!!! This has got to be a second full-time job for him for a couple months! (not to mention the other contests he organizes) I think that deserves more credit than sponsors!

You're the guy!

I agree with this completely. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to run this fantastic event Bennett!:hfive:

You're the guy!

I agree with this completely. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to run this fantastic event Bennett!:hfive:

giphy.gif

Thanks guys :)

This does become a lot like running a tournament --- garnering sponsors, getting everyone involved as far in advance as possible, only to have most show up day-of ;), trying to start on time but there's always someone who went to the wrong course ;), etc

In the end, it's a labor of love, and I DO love it. This is a truly unique event and no other dye contest comes close to the performance or the payout. I'm overjoyed with the growth and look forward to spending even more time on Okthrowberfest 2016 to really see what we can do!

I'm overjoyed with the growth and look forward to spending even more time on Okthrowberfest 2016 to really see what we can do!

I'm going to have to practice a TON and really up my game (then start my submitting in July) to have a prayer of cracking the top 10. Such amazing talent!

More sponsors to thank!

These packages came in a little late, but they made good and got them in, and they are EXCELLENT!

First off, thanks to sscarmana, both for his own personal donation of 4 never-stamped white Gateway discs,
22650517186_13f7aeff80_z.jpg

and for helping secure and ship Gateway's from-the-factory donation! Some beautiful test(heavyweight) Wizards, gorgeous regular Wizards, a bottom-stamp Wizard, a STACK of Gateway decals, a PILE of minis and stash minis, and 16 custom Gateway bag pouches!

22488585590_61e2f9058d_z.jpg

22687708411_f8e5e216ec_z.jpg

22488589260_070bbecf7f_z.jpg

Last but certainly not least, one of our first pledged packages but got delayed in shipping came from the great crew in Cali at Legacy Discs ---- some truly collectible US Masters and USDGC stamped discs, a pair of Grinder Ghosts, and a brand new released, super-pearly Nemesis! Thanks again to Steve Valencia, all the Ricos and the great crew at Legacy for their continued support of Okthrowberfest!

22687701951_0c86b2792a_z.jpg

The final payout!

Here's the final payout list! Not including many of the extras like minis, custom pouches, Trotter boxes, decals, and the like that will be distributed around to all the entrants, and the $10 gift certs from Community Discs to EACH participant, and the $100 gift cert from Dynamic Discs to the winner, and the $25 gift cert to Best Buy to second from discguy42!

Discs:
22688276061_a8ef2a2c33_h.jpg

Miscellaneous:
22651084686_148a953614_c.jpg

Please, PLEASE thank the sponsors! Their incredible support is what helps make Okthrowberfest THE HANDS DOWN BEST disc dyeing competition every year!

Emails have been sent to all the participants --- PLEASE check your emails and let me know an order on what prizes you'd like, and we can get these sent out ASAP!

Waiting on only 4 entrants to hear this wants lists, then we can get the payout finalized! If I don't hear back from them by mid-week, I'll just go random generator for them. Everyone else responded with their wants, and I'm truly grateful for taking the time and communicating with me.

Payout is FINISHED! Needless to say that took some time, patience, and caffeine to knock it out, but it's SET!

I won't post what each participant was rewarded until after the packages are received, for surprise's sake :hfive:; I will post a full layout of what went where after the goods are in the hands of the winners.

Now the fun part --- walking into the post office with a semi full of packages....:| This may actually take two days, as I need moarrrrr boxes....

Of course, I get a bunch of packages ready to be sent out, buy the postage online yesterday to ship today, get my car packed to head to the post office, and then realize that the post offices are closed today....