• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Old School DX

Cracked an old Ontario Cobra from 1990 a couple months ago. Still have a few back ups.

I have a Python that gets thrown in the bag about once a year for a round or two. I just found a Rhyno that may get tossed with the same frequency. I have a few other Rhynos with custom stamps from the same era.

I'm still stocked up on the Ontario mold Cobras. I carry two in my main bag. I still throw XDs from back in those days also.

picture.php

I have my share of circle stamp rocs, but they have all pretty much been cycled to understable. I still carry one if I don't have anything else beat up. I don't bag any of the other circle stamp molds I have any more. Used to love me some cobras though, that was my first disc!

The only circle stamp I still have in use is this one:

picture.php

There is a HUGE gouge in the disc at 10:00, but it must just barely hit the wing. It doesn't go through.

I have a pile of circle stamp O Rocs that I use, but I've got an 8X in as my turnover Roc right now and the circle stamps are on the bench.

I threw a Circle Stamp Roc and Panther when I started. I liked the Panther alot, but when I got a Champion one it flew nothing like it. Then we had to give the guy his discs we borrowed back.

I don't have any now. I just don't want to pay twice as much for the same Viper that I'm just going to beat up trees with. Or Cobras. When they make an appearance.

I threw a Circle Stamp Roc and Panther when I started. I liked the Panther alot, but when I got a Champion one it flew nothing like it. Then we had to give the guy his discs we borrowed back.

I don't have any now. I just don't want to pay twice as much for the same Viper that I'm just going to beat up trees with. Or Cobras. When they make an appearance.
Panthers are a disc I threw for a bit, so I still have I think three DX ones laying around. Panthers, Cobras, Stingrays, Gazelles, stuff like that I'm sure I still have three or four old thrown circle stamps with my name in big 'ol ugly sharpie on the back.

Vipers were weird since you got them everywhere. Innova custom stamp orders were minimum of 100/minimum of 25 per mold, so places got 25 of four discs. Every event I ever went to and every club I got a disc from in the '90's had a custom stamp run of Aviars, Rocs, Vipers and some other disc. A bunch of my Aviars, Rocs and Vipers have some other stamp on them other than the stock circle stamp. In the 90's, that made your discs unique and cool. Now it makes them worthless. I have 10 or 12 DX Vipers from the 90's; I think only one has the stock circle stamp.

The only circle stamp I still have in use is this one:

picture.php

There is a HUGE gouge in the disc at 10:00, but it must just barely hit the wing. It doesn't go through.

I have a pile of circle stamp O Rocs that I use, but I've got an 8X in as my turnover Roc right now and the circle stamps are on the bench.

Yea, thats the one I had, except it was a lighter grey with a blue stamp. The first XD I had was a old bar stamp. I actually found it looking for another disc and it was 8ft up in a honeysuckle. I knocked it loose and it turned out to be the base of a birds next, lol. :gross: First putter I ever clicked with but it broke hitting a tree one day and didn't like the way the newer ones felt. I got the circle stamp later but didn't have it for very long before I needed some money and sold it.

Last edited:
Yea, thats the one I had, except it was a lighter grey with a blue stamp. The first XD I had was a old bar stamp. I actually found it looking for another disc and it was 8ft up in a honeysuckle. I knocked it loose and it turned out to be the base of a birds next, lol. :gross: First putter I ever clicked with but it broke hitting a tree one day and didn't like the way the newer ones felt. I got the circle stamp later but didn't have it for very long before I needed some money and sold it.
I know it's the wrong answer, but I didn't mind the flight numbers ones. They were OK. I bag a flight numbers one and a bullet stamped one; they do the same things.

Since the bullet stamp has the huge gash in it now I throw the flight numbers one most of the time. I have I think three bullet stamps left, except one is an exploding XD so it doesn't really count. So two bullet stamps I could bag if I felt like I needed one. I don't really need one, the XD I throw is fine.

These are my two remaining bullet XD throwers. They are the stiffer dx which is close to the exploding XDs. I have a few others that have the bullet stamp but they won't get thrown unless these two break or go away some other way...

Attachments

• XD San M dx (3).jpg
    XD San M dx (3).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 20