• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One-Fitty Class drivers

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Anyone got a favorite? I have a 150 class Gazelle but I would like a more distancy driver the Avenger seems like a good choice...

I don't want a daily driver but I think every bag should have a one-fitty in it.:cool:

I only have one 150 disc and it's a Champ Valk. I don't really like it cause it's just too sensitive and if I don't throw it just right it'll turnover quite fast. Also, it doesn't seem as durable as a heavier plastic. Mine somehow got a huge slice cut into its rim, which I've never seen happen to any other disc.

Depending on how my bag is packed I can carry a 150 gazelle, 150 teebird, and/or a 150 valk. The teebird is in there as a permanent thing. I rotate the gazelle and valk out.

I have no problem throwing the valk either. It is a straight, smooth shot for me with the 150. I really want to try a 150 firebird for tommies. I can use a little more distance in that department. I am curiously if it will help.

i have a 150 shark. i only use it if i'm in a tight spot in the woods when i can't make lots of arm movement.

I really like the 150's. My main drivers are a 150 DX Beast and a 150 Star Valk, if there's a headwind I'll throw a 150 DX Starfire or a 150 DX TeeRex. Have been also throwing a R-Pro Boss lately and also usually have a Surge that I throw quite often (in the lake right now), both 150's

Not 150 but I got a 158 CE Firebird in the mail today (Almost everything I throw is max weight so 158 is about as low as I will go :)). Based on the couple throws I did in my yard I like it. Easily flies straight but still has that nice Firebird fade at the end. It also increased my thumber distance by a solid 65ft or so. Hasn't been course tested yet though.

I tried a 146 Wraith for a while. When I nailed it it really went. But it wasn't very predictable. I have a 164 R-pro boss I'm pretty happy with though. Fills the same spot in the bag for me.

I can't throw it in normal weights but love the 150 Flick. It's an entirely different disc. Extremely controllable and accurate. It's pretty damn good in ESP plastic, but I wish they still made their 150s in Z plastic. They were just better to me.

I can't throw it in normal weights but love the 150 Flick. It's an entirely different disc. Extremely controllable and accurate. It's pretty damn good in ESP plastic, but I wish they still made their 150s in Z plastic. They were just better to me.

I use the 150 Flick for trouble shots (thumber, tomahawk, etc...) and have had pretty good success with it.

Sorry boys, my wife is the only one with the 150g disc. She throws the valk...

I like it heavy!!!

I carry two 150 class drivers: Champ Sidewinder and a Pro Valkyrie. Still breaking in the Valk but it looks like a keeper. Love the light Sidewinder when the wind's not in my face and there's room for it to work.

Definitely agree with the 150 Flick. Its been a great help to me learning how to sidearm and I actually really like throwing it backhand. Being so light I can throw it out pretty darn far before it starts to fade hard at the end.

Have a 150 Valk and 150 Destroyer. When I started playing I could use the Valk, but now I can't place it for anything. I can still launch the Destroyer on certain days, but I mainly throw around 170 weights.

Latest posts