• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] P2 vs warden

Discracted

Wondering if anyone can give me a comparison between the p2 and warden. I use p2s but I have a collector kept captain America warden that I might give to my little brother

Wondering if anyone can give me a comparison between the p2 and warden. I use p2s but I have a collector kept captain America warden that I might give to my little brother

The Warden was my main putting putter before the Marshal came out, and I used to bag S-Line P2s as approach discs/throwing putters. I've also used P-line P2s as a putter and a Lucid Warden as an approach disc.

Both are good discs, but the P2 is a lot more overstable than the Warden. The Warden throws and putts straight, and will season in to even straighter over time. The P2 has more fade on putts, especially beyond 20-25 feet, and has a small but reliable fade on throws.

The P2 feels Aviar-"ish" while the Warden feels more flat-topped and a bit more shallow, as well.

I'd say these discs are dissimilar, not redundant, and would actually be nice complimentary discs to each other in one's bag.

P2 is a tall Aviar and Warden is just an Aviar with a slightly flatter top. I use the Aviar and Warden interchangeably with no difference between the two, especially when they're both seasoned.

There's a significant difference in feel to me between the P2 (aviar with a nose spacer, taller feel) and the Warden (shallow compared to aviars), even though the flight is very similar. Whichever feels the best in your hands will work perfectly.

Latest posts