• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting practice

Halbrust

I'm thinking of putting up a pole in the back yard for putting practice. Probably a piece of PVC with a bucket secured on top. Set to the right height, where hitting the bucket equals hitting the chains.

Probably can't get more than a 20-25 foot putt that way. But it would allow me to get in a little practice most every day.

Is there anything I should or shouldn't do? Or any reason this is a bad idea?

Nothing wrong with the idea but I will mention that with Black Friday upon us you could likely find an actual portable practice basket for a very reasonable price. It may not be the quality of a genuine course basket but it will likely be more fun than the setup you're talking about.

I'm thinking of putting up a pole in the back yard for putting practice. Probably a piece of PVC with a bucket secured on top. Set to the right height, where hitting the bucket equals hitting the chains.

Probably can't get more than a 20-25 foot putt that way. But it would allow me to get in a little practice most every day.

Is there anything I should or shouldn't do? Or any reason this is a bad idea?

I put a pool noodle on a stick for a while lol. It works, but I did end up getting a used basket and it is much more fun to throw into actual chains.

Practicing every day will be more important than what you throw at though, anything will work!